An old man needs advice..

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by martin99, Sep 5, 2007.

1. martin99

martin99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    well I'm not that old, but i wont see 49 again :-(

Anyway I've just managed to cancel my O2 contract for the 0845 reason, and I've got an almost new 6300 out of that.

Now what i need is a phone/package that allows me to browse the web. for about 90mins a day (on the train). I also probally average 10 mins of calls a day.
    I dont need a camera, radio, gps etc...

What would be nice is 2 simm cards with the same number so i can have a big "office" phone and a small down the pub phone, but i dont believe this is possible?

I've treid to punch all this in to a comparison web site, but i always seem to get conflicting answers. can anyone help an old man please!?

cheers

martin

PS: Only gadget that would be useful is something to translate my daughters text messages into plain english!

2. Skiprat

Skiprat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    One thing you could do is store all your work number in the "big" phone memory and all personal number on the sim so that when u take the sim out the work phone and put into the "small" pub phone u don't have all your work stuff on it.

Sorry if that makes no sence, confused myself when i read it back but it might work :smashin:

Skippy

ps As for the translator someone will be very rich if they ever invent such a thing

3. martin99

martin99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks..

But as well as old, I'm also lazy ( and some would say a fat B*****d too!) and what i want to avoid is the grief of having to change the sim a couple of times a day and I'm sure I'll break it.

4. martin99

martin99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    After a bit more research I think I'll go with T-Mobile Web and Walk and a Compact III.

Does that sound resonable?

cheers

martin

5. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,517
    For mobile internet use, you simply cant beat T-Mobiles Web & Walk, it's amazing value compared to O2 etc. So yes, thats a package i would recommend.

I also agree that a Windows Mobile device would suit you well given what you are asking off it. I would take a look at other models though, the compact has no keyboard and i recommend you go for one with a keypad. I would only recommend a keyboardless model we you had to go for Windows Mobile and had to go for the smallest possible. Have a look at the Vario III.

6. Sy1441

Sy1441

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    If you dont text or write many emails then i'd say the compact or possibly the new mda touch would be great for you. As autopilot said the vario II/III is another great choice but much pricier.

7. martin99

martin99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The mda touch looks just what i need, but t-mobile web site says they are out of stock? do they have production problems?