an/log radio sounded better than cd query???

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by mick23, Oct 18, 2002.

1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have two phill collins cds which are on the (virgin label) these when played on nad 540 cd player+3802+cdm1nts direct mode always sound a bit "tinny or harsh" not really that plesant to listen to, had (magic radio station on last night) phil collins record came on track was (hold on to my heart) this sounded really good, i do not have this track on cd to compare,but assume it would also be the same record label (virgin) would the differance just be the better quality "player" etc that the radio station uses to play disks, i realise some cds recording quality leaves a lot to be desired, thanks all

2. Shirker

Shirker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!:D

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Define " sounded really good " ....
    Could it be the Magic station compressing and eq-ing their output ? The typical radio station CD " player " is quite basic spec.
    I have all Phil Collins CDs, my Naim CD isn't very kind, they sound fine to me. ( O.K. except they are Phil Collins....I know.....I know. )