An LCD TV without motion blur?

dogfonos

I finally gave up waiting for OLED TV's to become available so started looking at LCD TV's. I've checked out dozens of 32" to 37" LCD sets over the past few months, at all price levels.

Trouble is, every single set I've viewed had motion blur to some extent. I notice it particularly on people close-ups when there are small head movements - the face blurs during the movement - very off-putting.

Even LCD sets with rapid response times and fast refresh rates appear to suffer this trait to some extent.

Currently I have an old JVC CRT, which has an excellent picture when fed from a digital set-top box - it certainly doesn't suffer motion blur in the way these LCD TV's seem to. I'm sure the CRT TV has it's own 'distortions' but I guess I've grown accustom to them. From what I've seen so far, I wouldn't want to change it. (Note that plasma's are out due to running costs).

Can anyone direct me to a 32"/37" LCD panel, at any price, that genuinely doesn't suffer from motion blur?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom