• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

An iPad newbie, and loving it

nilitara

Standard Member
Hi guys

My wife and I succumbed to the temptation and bought a 16 gb wifi model this afternoon. So easy pick of the coffee table and browse with ease. A great gadget that will be used a lot.

Nige

tomelli

Prominent Member
Welcome to the club!

poppitypop

Established Member
I too got one yesterday after embarrassingly much criticising Apple for the ipad. I had no reason to get one other than a new toy and curiosity. I really do love it and I am off up to my parents shortly to convince my Dad he need not be a technophobe anymore :)

tony kop77

Prominent Member
I bought mine today along with the official case to protect the back of the iPad. I am loving it so comfortable to use while sitting on the sofa, laptop is now redundant.
I don't know what the best apps are to download, can anyone recommend me a few please. I have marvel comics.

Klippie

Established Member
I totally agree, mine is one day old and I'am loving it I've hardly touched my netbook since the Ipad is so easy to use and feels like I've been using it forever, anyone sitting on the fence thinking will I buy one or not your only denying yourself a fantastic device that will transform your sofa surfing, go on buy one it's amazing...:thumbsup:

tony kop77

Prominent Member
I still can't put this thing down despite telling people don't see the point in buying an iPad and people saying bet you will get one as you buy all the gadgets :rotfl:
Ok for the newbies some apps I recommend

Marvel comics

Sky mobile tv for £6 a month you get to watch sky sports 1,2,3, sky sports news and sky news while on the move

Zinio has loads of magazines some reasonable priced but home cinema magazine is £7 something ouch while the iPad book which is £10 can be bought for £4.99 on there and you can purchase magazines that are not released in this country.

Eurosport

iMDB is good to view movie trailers and see what films are coming soon to the cinema

linkster

Established Member
I still can't put this thing down despite telling people don't see the point in buying an iPad and people saying bet you will get one as you buy all the gadgets :rotfl:
Ok for the newbies some apps I recommend

Marvel comics

Sky mobile tv for £6 a month you get to watch sky sports 1,2,3, sky sports news and sky news while on the move

Zinio has loads of magazines some reasonable priced but home cinema magazine is £7 something ouch while the iPad book which is £10 can be bought for £4.99 on there and you can purchase magazines that are not released in this country.

Eurosport

iMDB is good to view movie trailers and see what films are coming soon to the cinema

Er, Mobile TV is only £6 on the iPhone, on iPad it's £35 ...

Turb007

Prominent Member
only £6 pm if you are a sky subscriber with sky sports in your package :)

evojkp

Standard Member
We picked up a 32GB wifi over in Florida last week for our son. Wishing I'd kept it for myself now. Stunning bit of kit.

bpsmith

Distinguished Member
Showed my family ours and now my Sister-in-Law, and also my Mother, want one!

Not just the guys in the family, its that good!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom