An experts verdict on modern warfare 2

Jay

Ex Member
Reaction score
Now obviously it's all down to opinion on what we like and dislike, but I agree with most of what this guy says.

And he knows the games inside out.

He is one of the best players out there

I got up to a 3 to 1 k/d ratio in this game's multiplayer yesterday before I realized I just wasn't having fun. I then proceeded to slap on a Riot Shield with throwing knives and just try to kill enemies without getting massacred. This was the most fun I had in this game and I was doing horrible. So, what gives? Shouldn't I have more fun doing well, rather than ****ing around?

No, not in Modern Warfare 2.

I was hoping ranking up in this game and unlocking new stuff would increase my enjoyment a little, but it just wasn't happening. You know, there are always going to be flaws in video games, but these can be fixed in sequels or patches. IW has terrible ****ing community support though, so as always, I knew I had to wait for the sequel to COD4 before getting what I wanted from this franchise. What I got was the exact opposite of what made the most sense and what would have been the most fun for a sequel to COD4, though. What I got was an unbalanced, flawed, skill equalized mess of a multiplayer game.

This is actually the most unbalanced COD game yet due to the extreme buff all the assault rifles got. SMG's are now made pretty obsolete due to machine pistol and shotgun sidearms, as well as the inability to attach heartbeat sensors to the SMG's. How could you take steps BACK in balance when this is your 4th time making a Call of Duty game, honestly? Oh, wait, you have to skill equalize this game for the baddies, I remember now. Otherwise you might lose some sales for the sake of better and more fun gameplay, and we can't have that.

In COD4, the M16 was overpowered and that was really it. In WaW, the SMG's were overpowered, but there were just 4 of them, and if you kept your distance you could mount a defense. In MW2, the Assaults are overpowered and I believe there are 9 of them; they are good at any range, are super easy to use, are all completely swayless when aiming down the sight and they all have low recoil. You could argue the LMG's are overpowered as well as they carry these same traits, except they lack in mobility and have a bit more kick to them. But hell, every weapon is so good and easy to use in close/medium range, it simply becomes a connection battle in most one on one scenarios anyway.

MW2 seems to have suffered the same fate Gears of War 2 suffered; being way too overhyped and then being a huge letdown. I can count the amount of good things about this game's multiplayer on one hand, and I can't even begin to count the amount of flaws and problems on all of my fingers and toes combined.

Just off the top of my head; I can't play in a party with more than 1 friend or someone gets kicked out every time we join a match. This has happened every single time I have tried to play with a group of people, and we all have open NATs, so the matchmaking is effectively broken in that regard. Someone getting a 4 kill streak (3 with Hardline) can randomly get stuff like Chopper Gunner and AC-130 which is random and dumb; randomness always makes for terrible gameplay in a shooter. Good scores in this game aren't about out gunning the enemy team, they are about building a single streak. This causes a lot of problems.

For instance, lets say a guy who gets 20 kills with his physical GUN by shooting enemies (he is unlucky and his kill streak rewards before that are shot down or miss or something), but say, dies twice at a 10 kill streak before getting his 11 kill streak reward, finishes the game at 20 and 2. Fair enough, he did well and got a great ratio, but didn't get any reward for it at all because of bad luck and everything being based on a streak. Now, let's say there's a guy who is 7 and 5 before he starts doing remotely well. He gets a 5 kill streak after dying his fifth time, gets a predator missile and luckily, the enemies were out in the open and he kills 3 of them with the missile. He then calls in a Harrier strike which then luckily gets him 3 more kills, and then he gets his chopper gunner at an 11 kill streak, which nets him about 20 kills as he spawn rapes the enemy team with an overpowered kill streak reward. And this is all without doing a single thing after he gets that predator missile. The guy who actually did MORE work and got the better k/d WITHOUT streak rewards doesn't get **** because of bad luck, while the guy who was 12 and 5 can get lucky and go on to finish the game at 38-5. Its mostly luck whether or not your killstreak can build itself up enabling you to get your final big streak reward which is just stupid. There is just too much emphasis on a single one time streak and not how well you do overall or k/d wise.

With building an effective streak comes an extremely careful and campy style of play, which is quite frankly boring. The maps have all kinds of little obscure balconies and rooftops which promotes a boring/frustrating campy style of gameplay even more so. Deep Impact is no longer a perk, but an attachment that takes a long time to unlock for each weapon, further promoting window/rooftop camping. Being aggressive with a close quarters weapon will get you reverse spawn killed by some idiot with painkiller on, as the spawn system is still a massive problem in this game.

The netcode is terrible, worse than World at War and COD4 by FAR which is saying something, and “4 bars” doesn't mean **** in this game. On a 4 bar connection I was able to shoot the FAL single shot rifle 4 times at an enemy before dying to that same enemy. On the killcam, I don't even fire once. And this is the supposed “best” connection you can get with this game according to the bars. Games where you die super quickly and super easily NEED dedicated servers and not the horrible host system that is employed on both PC and consoles now, otherwise 1 on 1 face offs become nothing more than connection battles.

There's no counter to perks like Stopping Power and Cold Blooded. Xbox Live Party Chat is disabled in most playlists for no other reason than to force you to communicate with strangers if you play. Hit detection is still an issue with snipers, and other weapons for that matter. Spawning is still a major issue. Bullets coming from the top of your head and not your gun is still an issue. Painkiller (giving a player double health after dying 3 times in a row) overly rewards people for dying. I can't search games by good connection like I could in WaW (Aussies really ****ing need this feature) and there's still no map preferencer, so I'm forced to play IW's terrible maps. Host migration DOESN'T work the majority of the time. When the host leaves during an airstrike or predator missle drop, it glitches you out of it. I could go on and on. The game took 1 step forward, 20 steps back in my opinion. Nothing was fixed except grenade spam and many, many more problems and flaws were added.

In conclusion, the game is just so flawed and skill equalized its not fun, whether I'm the one killing or I'm the one dying. And honestly, I feel deeply for those of you who spent $60 on this game and am disappointed like I am. Back to COD4 and WaW I guess, until Bad Company 2 comes out at least.

Last edited:
Wow, knickers & twist spring to mind.

I'm loving the game so far and whilst the game does have some flaws that certainly doesn't detract from the fun I derive from the game.

Killstreaks are cool imo, death perks are okay (yeah, you get a little health boost, martyrdom or get to pinch someones class, nothing earth shattering imo) and as for connection issues, other than the recent downtime I've experienced little of what this chap talks of.

I think he is being over critical but what do I know, I'm merely enjoying a fast paced and exciting game.

Wow, knickers & twist spring to mind.

I'm loving the game so far and whilst the game does have some flaws that certainly doesn't detract from the fun I derive from the game.

Killstreaks are cool imo, death perks are okay (yeah, you get a little health boost, martyrdom or get to pinch someones class, nothing earth shattering imo) and as for connection issues, other than the recent downtime I've experienced little of what this chap talks of.

I think he is being over critical but what do I know, I'm merely enjoying a fast paced and exciting game.

I'd agree, he's being very over critical. I guess he's disappointed, which is fair enough, but I disagree with a lot of what's said.

In my experience the host migration has worked extremely well so far, and it's happened on lots of games so far.

And I don't see how he can prefer WaW to this personally. That game just never really clicked with me, and ended up being sold on.

And I don't see how he can prefer WaW to this personally. That game just never really clicked with me, and ended up being sold on.

I loved WaW however I came across way more campers, connection issues etc on that. Might just be me.

WaW was a relaxed MP in respect that it wasn't 110 mph like MW2 (or MW). The Buzzkill, First Blood, Headshot bonuses and all the other little things add to the experience and I like that about this game, a little reward & recognition if you like.

Eitherway, I like it & selfishly, thats the most important factor for me.

I was of the same opinion of the guy who wrote that little rant to begin with.

I then realised I complained exactly the same way about WAW and grew to love that. I'm starting to enjoy MW2 and the complexities will really add to the continued enjoyment.

Eitherway, I like it & selfishly, thats the most important factor for me.

Call me selfish as well then as it's by far and away the most important thing for me. I bloody love this game!

Call me selfish as well then as it's by far and away the most important thing for me. I bloody love this game!

Same here!! I LOVE Modern Warfare 2.

Can't see why so many people are ****** about it.

I think they should just get on and play it and not whine about it. Or just stop playing and play something else

An "experts verdict on modern warfare 2"...no offence intended but generally someone who gives a review/verdict on a game is UNBIASED in their opinions pointing out the good and the bad. Okay Modern Warfare 2 had teething problems but so did Modern Warfare. Also I don't know what the problem is with your party-ing but since the two patches I have been able to play with my clan in parties of up to 8 people and we all connect fine, also I would like to point out that we are all from around the world. Not just the UK.

Finally if the game is as bad as you make out why did it receive these ratings?

GameRankings 93.9% (PS3)
93.4% (X360)
87.8% (PC)
Metacritic 94% (PS3)
94% (X360)
87% (PC)

Game Informer 9.75/10
GameSpot 9.0/10
GameTrailers 9.5/10
IGN 9.5/10
Official Xbox Magazine 10/10

Last edited:
Yeah but that bit about one on one encounters being decided by how good your network connection is is spot on. I just stay still now (not always in the same place, mind) and shoot the enemies in the back lol. I bet they like that :rotfl: It's the only to play if everytime you run and gun and come face to face with them and shoot at them and not kill them while they fire randomly in your direction and kill you with what seems like one bullet and. Enough of that sentence. Mind you though i was playing Wasteland team deathmatch and this guy started firing at me but for some reason i wasn't dying and i turned to shoot at him and killed him instantly and. Enough of that sentence.

Like most of the people above I disagree with alot of what the chap says. I have absolutely no issues with party invites or the kill/death streaks either.

The one thing that I would agree on at times is the one on one encounters and the fact that unless your connection is perfect you're going to be at a slight disadvantage. It's not always the case, but I've had a fair few games were the connection has been laggy as hell and even though I'm shooting first and accurately, the guy i'm shooting kills me as actually I'm shooting a wall or door rather than him! :rotfl:

In those cases I just try to find a different game.

An "experts verdict on modern warfare 2"...no offence intended but generally someone who gives a review/verdict on a game is UNBIASED in their opinions pointing out the good and the bad. Okay Modern Warfare 2 had teething problems but so did Modern Warfare. Also I don't know what the problem is with your party-ing but since the two patches I have been able to play with my clan in parties of up to 8 people and we all connect fine, also I would like to point out that we are all from around the world. Not just the UK.

Finally if the game is as bad as you make out why did it receive these ratings?

GameRankings 93.9% (PS3)
93.4% (X360)
87.8% (PC)
Metacritic 94% (PS3)
94% (X360)
87% (PC)

Game Informer 9.75/10
GameSpot 9.0/10
GameTrailers 9.5/10
IGN 9.5/10
Official Xbox Magazine 10/10

Er it ain't a review.

It's an opinion from one of the best call of duty players out there.

I even said OPINION in the thread title.

And I wouldn't bother going down the unbaised review road, all the magazines are paid off.

You'll be lucky to read an unbiased review.

Who cares about reviews, what matters is whether you like a game not Bob the reviewer.

I don't think the article is well balanced at all but respect its his personal view on it.

I don't feel it right to slate the game purely based on one, even though very important, aspect of the game. I don't see any mention of special op's and single player in his article which in my eyes invaildated his view that "modern warfare 2 sucks" as you haven't considered the WHOLE game.

Its an interesting read nevertheless and he made some good points about the MP side of things which I agree with like how powerful some guns are :smashin:

I don't think the article is well balanced at all but respect its his personal view on it.

I don't feel it right to slate the game purely based on one, even though very important, aspect of the game. I don't see any mention of special op's and single player in his article which in my eyes invaildated his view that "modern warfare 2 sucks" as you haven't considered the WHOLE game.

Its an interesting read nevertheless and he made some good points about the MP side of things which I agree with like how powerful some guns are :smashin:

It isn't a review, he's commenting on the multiplayer because he's a "professional multiplayer cod player"

A 'professional video gamer' or unemployed kid who plays games all day in his mums attic?

His blog description:
The Blame Truth Project is a video game show run independently by Anthony Presnell, a 20 year old avid gamer, college drop out, and womanizer extraordinaire. Comedic Let's Plays, video game multiplayer videos with commentary, and video game reviews are the main things that you'll find here. The Blame Truth Project; like The Blair Witch Project, only, ya' know, good.

Donations go to improving my videos to you all. New equipment, new capture devices, etc.

What makes him professional?

Some things he says I do agree with - such as connection issues and struggling to connect to games with a full party without someone been kicked. No doubt these will resolve themselves with future patches and when the game settles down a bit.

I've stayed away from most of the threads where people have slammed the game from day one as I knew we'd have them straght away - it was inevitable that it would happen after all the hype and publicity. Yes it plays differently to CoD4 - what would be the point in having exactly the same game with some new maps? They might aswell just release some map packs for CoD4 for those that have forgot MW2 isn't CoD4!

I wonder how many of the people who complain about MW2 are people who pplayed CoD4 excessively for two years, prestiged ten times, new all the best weapon set ups, knew every single map better than there journey to work etc etc - and are now struggling on a level playing field because they have to learn the new maps, perks, weapons etc like the 'rookies'.

MW2 is not CoD4 - they are completely different games and play completely different. If you prefered CoD4 and hate MW2 so much, then the solution is quite simple really isn't it? Personally I'm loving MW2 as it is fresh and new and a step on from CoD4 and WaW in my opinon (yes it has flaws - name me one game that hasn't?)

I got up to a 3 to 1 k/d ratio in this game's multiplayer yesterday before I realized I just wasn't having fun. I then proceeded to slap on a Riot Shield with throwing knives and just try to kill enemies without getting massacred. This was the most fun I had in this game and I was doing horrible. So, what gives? Shouldn't I have more fun doing well, rather than ****ing around?

Fair enough, that's his opinion.

I was hoping ranking up in this game and unlocking new stuff would increase my enjoyment a little, but it just wasn't happening. You know, there are always going to be flaws in video games, but these can be fixed in sequels or patches. IW has terrible ****ing community support though, so as always, I knew I had to wait for the sequel to COD4 before getting what I wanted from this franchise. What I got was the exact opposite of what made the most sense and what would have been the most fun for a sequel to COD4, though. What I got was an unbalanced, flawed, skill equalized mess of a multiplayer game.

It's rather easy to put down the game without actually then saying what he was hoping for and what he'd rather have seen. How can the game be both unbalanced and skill equalised? I'm confused:confused:.

This is actually the most unbalanced COD game yet due to the extreme buff all the assault rifles got. SMG's are now made pretty obsolete due to machine pistol and shotgun sidearms, as well as the inability to attach heartbeat sensors to the SMG's. How could you take steps BACK in balance when this is your 4th time making a Call of Duty game, honestly? Oh, wait, you have to skill equalize this game for the baddies, I remember now. Otherwise you might lose some sales for the sake of better and more fun gameplay, and we can't have that.

In COD4, the M16 was overpowered and that was really it. In WaW, the SMG's were overpowered, but there were just 4 of them, and if you kept your distance you could mount a defense. In MW2, the Assaults are overpowered and I believe there are 9 of them; they are good at any range, are super easy to use, are all completely swayless when aiming down the sight and they all have low recoil. You could argue the LMG's are overpowered as well as they carry these same traits, except they lack in mobility and have a bit more kick to them. But hell, every weapon is so good and easy to use in close/medium range, it simply becomes a connection battle in most one on one scenarios anyway.[/B]

I disagree, the Vector (SMG) is the best weapon in the game IMO. At close range it gives you a distinct advantage over the other weapon types. Why should it be as good as an assault rifle from across the map? What on earth does "skill equalise this game for the baddies" mean? It's a multiplayer game, who exactly are the baddies? However the assault rifles do have less recoil than in previous games. It is the same for everyone though.

MW2 seems to have suffered the same fate Gears of War 2 suffered; being way too overhyped and then being a huge letdown. I can count the amount of good things about this game's multiplayer on one hand, and I can't even begin to count the amount of flaws and problems on all of my fingers and toes combined.

Just off the top of my head; I can't play in a party with more than 1 friend or someone gets kicked out every time we join a match. This has happened every single time I have tried to play with a group of people, and we all have open NATs, so the matchmaking is effectively broken in that regard. Someone getting a 4 kill streak (3 with Hardline) can randomly get stuff like Chopper Gunner and AC-130 which is random and dumb; randomness always makes for terrible gameplay in a shooter. Good scores in this game aren't about out gunning the enemy team, they are about building a single streak. This causes a lot of problems.[/B]

The party issues are now much much better although I suspect they'll be another patch at some point to sort the one player dropping issue. It was never gonna be perfect out of the box it's not like MW/WAW were is it? As for the care drop, he has a bit of a point but this is the opinion of an apparent self confessed "COD4 pro". Not someone seeing it from everyones point of view. There are plenty of people out there that are only likely to get some killstreaks from a care drop. As more people get used to the air support they are becoming less powerful anyway as more people equip Javelins/Stingers etc. You can turn things off or ban certain killstreaks for clan games if you want where randomness may not be wanted. The game isn't just for people that are "cod pros";), it's meant to be fun for everyone.

For instance, lets say a guy who gets 20 kills with his physical GUN by shooting enemies (he is unlucky and his kill streak rewards before that are shot down or miss or something), but say, dies twice at a 10 kill streak before getting his 11 kill streak reward, finishes the game at 20 and 2. Fair enough, he did well and got a great ratio, but didn't get any reward for it at all because of bad luck and everything being based on a streak. Now, let's say there's a guy who is 7 and 5 before he starts doing remotely well. He gets a 5 kill streak after dying his fifth time, gets a predator missile and luckily, the enemies were out in the open and he kills 3 of them with the missile. He then calls in a Harrier strike which then luckily gets him 3 more kills, and then he gets his chopper gunner at an 11 kill streak, which nets him about 20 kills as he spawn rapes the enemy team with an overpowered kill streak reward. And this is all without doing a single thing after he gets that predator missile. The guy who actually did MORE work and got the better k/d WITHOUT streak rewards doesn't get **** because of bad luck, while the guy who was 12 and 5 can get lucky and go on to finish the game at 38-5. Its mostly luck whether or not your killstreak can build itself up enabling you to get your final big streak reward which is just stupid. There is just too much emphasis on a single one time streak and not how well you do overall or k/d wise.[/B]

You could say the exact same thing about any of the other games by talking about what ifs. What if you got to 6 kills a million times, but never got a chopper in COD4. But somone else gets a chopper but has died more blah blah blah....... You could write hypothetical arguements like that for any of the COD games.

With building an effective streak comes an extremely careful and campy style of play, which is quite frankly boring. The maps have all kinds of little obscure balconies and rooftops which promotes a boring/frustrating campy style of gameplay even more so. Deep Impact is no longer a perk, but an attachment that takes a long time to unlock for each weapon, further promoting window/rooftop camping. Being aggressive with a close quarters weapon will get you reverse spawn killed by some idiot with painkiller on, as the spawn system is still a massive problem in this game.[/B]

I haven't camped for any of my nukes. There are less snipers in this than previous games IMO. I do agree with him a little about painkiller but it is there to stop people camping/sniping at spawn points and actually makes the game a little fairer in a way.

The netcode is terrible, worse than World at War and COD4 by FAR which is saying something, and “4 bars” doesn't mean **** in this game. On a 4 bar connection I was able to shoot the FAL single shot rifle 4 times at an enemy before dying to that same enemy. On the killcam, I don't even fire once. And this is the supposed “best” connection you can get with this game according to the bars. Games where you die super quickly and super easily NEED dedicated servers and not the horrible host system that is employed on both PC and consoles now, otherwise 1 on 1 face offs become nothing more than connection battles.[/B]

I'd love dedicated servers too but this won't turn out to be any worse that 4 or 5. There are loads of people playing it at the moment. One on ones aren't just connection battles, it does happen but they are by fay and away in the minority to fair one on ones.

There's no counter to perks like Stopping Power

He's moaning that there is no juggernoob:eek::eek::eek:? Thought he's meant to be good at this game?

There's no counter to perks like Stopping Power and Cold Blooded. Xbox Live Party Chat is disabled in most playlists for no other reason than to force you to communicate with strangers if you play. Hit detection is still an issue with snipers, and other weapons for that matter. Spawning is still a major issue. Bullets coming from the top of your head and not your gun is still an issue. Painkiller (giving a player double health after dying 3 times in a row) overly rewards people for dying. I can't search games by good connection like I could in WaW (Aussies really ****ing need this feature) and there's still no map preferencer, so I'm forced to play IW's terrible maps. Host migration DOESN'T work the majority of the time. When the host leaves during an airstrike or predator missle drop, it glitches you out of it. I could go on and on. The game took 1 step forward, 20 steps back in my opinion. Nothing was fixed except grenade spam and many, many more problems and flaws were added.[/B]

Host migration working 95% of the time seems somewhat better than no jost migration to me. I would like the option to search games purely in my local area however rather than ending up in a game where the host is 5000 miles away. Maybe cos i'm not looking for it, but i've not noticed bullets coming from the top of the characters heads. Hit detection is good IMO. I'd imagine XBOX live cross party chat is disabled to stop you talking to your mates in a rigged rankers game etc etc.

In conclusion, the game is just so flawed and skill equalized its not fun, whether I'm the one killing or I'm the one dying. And honestly, I feel deeply for those of you who spent $60 on this game and am disappointed like I am. Back to COD4 and WaW I guess, until Bad Company 2 comes out at least.[/B]

Fair enough it's his opnion:smashin:.

He is one of the best players out there

How do we know he's one of the best out there? He is a 360 player so most of us will have never seen him play. All we know is what he writes about himself in a blog. Also even if he is "one of the best players out there" that neither adds weight to or takes away from his opinion of the game. Being good at a game does not make your opinion on that game more or less relevant.

Finally Jay:-

All you have done is post someone elses opinion (one that I happen to disagree with for the most part). I am not looking for an arguement with you, just pointing out how my opinion differs from the guy in this blog who is some kind of self qualified COD pro. Who in reallity probably still lives with his mum and dropped out of college so he could play COD4 until his eyes bleed and the plasters on his thumbs wear out.

Last edited:
mhsslinky : +1 !

well said, just read to me like he's annoyed because the "skill equalized" game is putting an end to his owning (and spawn killing? "Being aggressive with a close quarters weapon will get you reverse spawn killed by some idiot with painkiller on") of everyone.

"Painkiller (giving a player double health after dying 3 times in a row) overly rewards people for dying"
.. yeah thats just what i think when i join a game.. i'll die 3 times without a kill so for 1 life i can get my reward and have an advantage :rotfl: .. painkiller lasts for 10seconds i believe? - there its only a boost to stop the spawn killing.

"The guy who actually did MORE work and got the better k/d WITHOUT streak rewards doesn't get **** because of bad luck, while the guy who was 12 and 5 can get lucky and go on to finish the game at 38-5."
.. **** = MVP !? .. seems to me he's moaning that someone with "lesser skills" than him can get a good score at the end using kill streaks whilst he, with his super rifle skills doesnt look as good on the final scoreboard.. im just curious why he doesnt use kill streaks ontop of his superior skills to double his K/D ratio too... :confused:

"Good scores in this game aren't about out gunning the enemy team, they are about building a single streak."
.. again, who cares about scores - its a team game, unless of course he just wants MVP so everyone in the lobby can see how great his is.
(mind you he is a Pro Player, must be alot of pressure to do well that comes with that)

"There's no counter to perks like Stopping Power"
.. bless him, he wants his own Iron Man suit

:facepalm:

Personally i think this game rocks - but im not a Pro Player so im probably wrong.

mhsslinky :

"Good scores in this game aren’t about out gunning the enemy team, they are about building a single streak."
.. again, who cares about scores - its a team game, unless of course he just wants MVP so everyone in the lobby can see how great his is.
QUOTE]

You 'avin a larf aint ya? Almost the whole structure of the game encourages you to be selfish and get the best scores and kills etc. as per the reason for the prestige and the leaderboards. I've probably never been involved in any game where there is a pre match plan or strategy worked out. It's always each man for himself. I'd love to actuall play in a pre match planned game though just to see what it would be like. I suppose the best way to do it is to have everyone in your team know each other and to have all the PS3s in one room so you can all have a strategy meeting and give constant feedback to each other blah blah blah.

Anyway, what is all this 100ms ping time about. I think the actual ping times during the game can be 1 second or so lol. Some of the games i was having yesterday. Beggers belief. There was this one guy i just couldn't kill. No matter how many bullets i pumped into him. Of course he was top of the leaderboard and it's easy to see why. Oh well. I think that when the whole world has ping time of 1ms then online peer to peer gaming will be fair. Until then.

I heavily agree with what Blametruth says. I've been playing FPS games since Quake 2 on the PC (to a professional level). This game is very kill streak-centric and it DOES promote camping, both due to kill streaks and the way the maps are laid out. All internet games are a connection battle to an extent, FPS/RTS more so and yes I do notice a lot more 4 barred connections. I'm not sure if that's because there's better matchmaking, or that they've relaxed the boundaries as to what is a 4 bar connection.

All that said, I'm having fun playing/figuring it out at the moment. I hated WaW when I first played it but learnt to enjoy it. We'll see how it progresses.

QUOTE] Meddy

Anyway, what is all this 100ms ping time about. I think the actual ping times during the game can be 1 second or so lol. Some of the games i was having yesterday. Beggers belief. There was this one guy i just couldn't kill. No matter how many bullets i pumped into him. Of course he was top of the leaderboard and it's easy to see why. Oh well. I think that when the whole world has ping time of 1ms then online peer to peer gaming will be fair. Until then.[/QUOTE]

This weekend has been a nightmare lag wise on the PS3. I also have the xbox version and although it's not perfect matchmaking wise it's far better than the current PS3 one. It also looks for games of 50ms not 100ms and most games are in the green bands not the yellows and reds I've seen on the PS3. It's a shame but I feel that the PS3 has been sold short on this game in it's current form.

I was thinking of starting a new thread about this but it's probably less hassle just to put it on here...

Do Sony and Activision/IW not get along? Might it have something to do with the Xbox deal they did over the DLC and TV advertising?

The only reason I ask - I regularly download Pulse from the US as it's usually quite a good way to find out what's up and coming (and it's interesting to see what Chrisshhhtina Lee is wearing :rolleyes:)... anyway, I was expecting them to do a big launch doodaa for MW2 in a couple of episodes like they did for other big titles like Uncharted 2, KZ2, etc. ... but no, nothing - they didn't even mention it. How bizarre is that? Especially as MW2 is supposed to have been the fastest/bigest selling game in history.

If all you had to go on was TV advertising then MW2 appears to be an Xbox-only release.

Well I've done a uturn (that's why I'm called indecisive :D)

I've been playing hardcore deathmatch and it has changed the game for me.

Much more enjoyable and seems to have less idiots. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom