an ethical problem, to lie or not to buy

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by rickbruce, Apr 29, 2007.

Tags:
  1. rickbruce

rickbruce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    have been looking at upgrading my old CRT for something shiny...possibly the 32" ORION.

My wife, a thrifty sort at the best of times, is not going to give clearance for purchase especially as i just broke all established protocol and bought a HUGE svp400+ crt projector and screen from the trading section.

Should i take the fuse out of the plug, play dumb and let her discover the 'broken' tv? Given a couple of days without telly, and having to talk to me instead i think she'll be searching the net for a new telly!

Dare I? If the subterfuge is found out and i should die protecting our rights to watch the footy in full HD, remember me kindly and maybe erect a little plaque somewhere in my memory

2. lowmans100

lowmans100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +465
    Wow, I really feel for you guys that have to get permission to spend your hard earned. Does she ask permission to buy make-up, clothes & shoes, I think not ;-)

You will loose whatever you do, if you get away with removing the fuse you will end up with a TV bargain of her choice, if you don't get away with it she will store the incident in the "ammuntion when I'm loosing an argument file' and bring it up when she is loosing a totally unrelated argument some time in the far distant future.

Forget it, save your money in a jar near a spiders web in the shed and buy yourself a gadget that you can hide from her indefinately. Reminds me of a guy I used to work with whose wife banned him from owning a motorbike, little did she know he had 3 motorbikes at his friends house.

Good luck

3. wavefront

wavefront

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sit down and look at your finances , then you will know if you can afford it - maybe she already has and that's why she is careful?