An easy Sky+ 2nd TV question

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by salfordred, Feb 2, 2005.

1. salfordred

salfordred
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been sat reading numerous posts about a 2nd TV connection from my Sky+ box without actually getting the answer I need.... I'd probably be here all day..... maybe someone can help me quicker.

My Sky+ box is connected to my TV as the engineer set it up. In my dining room I have an LCD TV which I would like to connect to my Sky+ box. I want to use a cable option rather than one of those units that transmits the signal. I have one of these going to a TV upstairs and this works fine. I see there are other things I can connect to, but I don't know exactly what to use.

What is the easiest way I can connect the 2 together ?
    Where can I buy the cables ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    LCD panels require a higher standard of source material to make them look their best, RGB scart is really the bare minimum so I wouldn't recommend anything less but depending upon your standards you could get away with S-video and a pair of phonos for audio.

The easiest method for connecting a second TV to a STB is to use plain coaxial cable connected to the RF output for the digibox. Properly tuned it should produce a decent picture but it will only have mono sound. If you want some control from the second location then the TVlink system is useful, same basic coaxial cable but it carries a voltage to enable the return of remote commands via an "eye" in the other room.

You'll find that sort of thing in Argos, local DIY superstore, from SKY themselves and many online retailers listed when you do a search on "TVlink".