an Easy Guide on how to install a CD player? please!

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by Dunn, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Dunn

Dunn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can some1 please tell me the basics and 'need to know' info about installing a CD player in a car?

i have a peugeot 309 :suicide: and need a CD player installed! i asked at Halfords and they said they'd charge me a rediculous amount to fit it so....

could some1 tell me basically what i would need to do to install and fit it, it has a standard radio/cassette fitted in but a CD player is what i need!

any info is much apreciated!

2. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    My previous car was a 'beasty' diesel 309 which i put a CD player in the day i got it.

It's a fairly simple process which basically involves unplugging and plugging in sockets.

First off, removing the old cassette deck....have to admit that mine came completely empty.....but most cars (have installed/pulled old ones out of a fair few!) usually have one/two wholes on each side of the stereo or a couple of slots that you push a rod or a flat strip of metal down to realease the clips that hold it in.

Carefully pull the connectors out that clip the stereo onto the cars loom and pull the aerial lead out of the deck.

The new stereo will come with a metal cage that will need to be slid into the hole that the old stereo came out of (may have to take out old cage if there is one) this new cage is secrured by bending some of the tabs down.

I think the peugeot connectors are the same as the standard connectors that come with your new stereo but if they're not, most local car accessory audio stores have adapters for a tenner (ish).

Plug all the connector blocks in and read the details on the headunit to make sure which lead is constant live feed from battery (lets deck store memory info) and which is fed from the ignition (means it turns off/on when u turn ignition off/on). there is usually a simple way to switch them over.

The aerial lead may need a small adapter that is usally supplied with every new stereo before it fits into the new headunit.

Those are a quick few points of installing a headunit, but i'm sure google searching will give you a lot more as it's not very different from car to car....

Hope this helps!

3. monkeynuts

monkeynuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
  4. Dunn

Dunn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: