An AV question for advice on old kit.

Widgeywoo

Standard Member
Reaction score
i have an old Yamaha 765,(5.1) Cambridge minx speakers and an LG B9 tv and all works well and I like it.

However the problem is the lack of 4k uhd. The Yam has now only my virgin box and my firestick connected to it. My tv is connected to the Yam and ARC is enabled if I use the Smart apps for 4k. The TV has 4 hdmi ports and 2 are used, one for ARC and the other for my laptop for occasional game playing. I could move the firestick and virgin box to the tv and just rely on ARC to the amp or would it be better to get another AV receiver? The firestick does seem better and faster than the LG webos.

Which is the best way to go?

I would try using ARC and see how it works for you. It's definitely the inexpensive option, and you have the benefit that the LG 9 series still supports DTS passthrough, unlike later models.

There will be no loss of audio quality since those devices will only support DD+, no HD audio.

I would try using ARC and see how it works for you. It's definitely the inexpensive option, and you have the benefit that the LG 9 series still supports DTS passthrough, unlike later models.

There will be no loss of audio quality since those devices will only support DD+, no HD audio.
Thank you that makes sense just use the receiver like a 5.1 sound bar!! saves money and keeps a receiver that really has no problems!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom