An assembly of: Political Humour, Memes and general salt postings

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
I know this is the meme thread, but it’s not the first time this quote has been misrepresented;

“This is all wrong. I shouldn’t be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean. Yet you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you. You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words.”

She meant that she, as a child, shouldn’t have to be making the point to world leaders about climate change, she should be a child. I guess taking one line to make a meme makes certain adults feel better about themselves though.

Last edited:

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
I know this is the meme thread, but it’s not the first time this quote has been misrepresented;

“This is all wrong. I shouldn’t be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean. Yet you all come to us young people for hope. How dare you. You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words.”

She meant that she, as a child, shouldn’t have to be making the point to world leaders about climate change, she should be a child. I guess taking one line to make a meme makes certain adults feel better about themselves though.
This is a meme thread. You are taking this far too personal.

Save it for the other forums.

On another level no problem if kids want to save the planet.

For my own, fine, you can walk to school, spend holidays at your grans while we go abroad, and you also won't want the latest smartphone as it uses numerous minerals extracted in third world countries.

But I guess quoting a kid and her spoon fed student politics is so easy.

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
This is a meme thread. You are taking this far too personal.

Save it for the other forums.

On another level no problem if kids want to save the planet.

For my own, fine, you can walk to school, spend holidays at your grans while we go abroad, and you also won't want the latest smartphone as it uses numerous minerals extracted in third world countries.

But I guess quoting a kid and her spoon fed student politics is so easy.
I’m not taking it personally, after all I’m not actually Greta Thunberg. I’m just highlighting the misquoting to make a meme. I’m not sure how funny it is to criticise someone who gets off their arse to do something they care about.

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
I’m not taking it personally, after all I’m not actually Greta Thunberg. I’m just highlighting the misquoting to make a meme. I’m not sure how funny it is to criticise someone who gets off their arse to do something they care about.
Apparently it's funny to mock everyone else on this thread who gets off their arse to do something they care about.

Why does she get an exemption?

weaviemx5

Distinguished Member
Apparently it's funny to mock everyone else on this thread who gets off their arse to do something they care about.

Why does she get an exemption?
Fair enough, I just thought it was worth highlighting seeing as there seem to be a lot of people with knives out for her and the meme just hit a nerve.

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
Fair enough, I just thought it was worth highlighting seeing as there seem to be a lot of people with knives out for her and the meme just hit a nerve.
No different to anyone else on this thread. This is a meme thread. People post humorous memes. Maybe just scroll past if you are that bothered?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Michael - you do it then.

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
What the hell? She's underage, that's really fudgeed up.
What? Age of consent in Sweden is 15. In the UK it's 16. She's 16. You didn't know?

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
She's 16, still a child. Whatever though, you do you.
You have a problem with the age of consent being 15/16 and people being able to legally have sex?

I had sex at 15. My girlfriend was the same age and we'd been dating for over a year.

I'd be hypocritical to be outraged over something I'd done before it was even "legal."

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
Sign out the keys, fill in the work ticket.

Outrage.jpg

richp007

Distinguished Member
What the actual fudge Sonic? What sites do you frequent, or google searches do you do to even find a picture like that?

She's a girl with Asperger's. Do you even know what that means? Her development socially/emotionally is delayed to her physical age. That makes the implication of the picture even worse.

Disgusting, and even in a thread like this it's not even close to being acceptable.