An alternative to bi-wire.....

browellm

As the bi-wire debate is a reasonably hot topic at the moment you may wish to experiment with a "shotgun" arrangement of your speaker cables.

Wire both runs of cable into the LF binding posts on your speakers and replace the links single-wire mode links with some better quality cable (e.g. a short length of the speaker cable you are using).

Please post your questions and findings.

browellm

Originally posted by Nic Rhodes
I'll have to try this ;)

Has anyone else tried it?

It's pretty well known in american audiophile circles. The technobabble (ie i don't know if it's true :blush: ) is that since the LF cone draws more current, it's better to stick the two runs on that and just have a high quality 'fly' lead going to the treble.

We used to make shotgun sets of XLO with a cold crimp spade terminal, along with the flying lead crimped into the spade at the speaker end.

I've always had great results with it.

Anyways, try it and see, I'll look forward to your findings.:)

L

Lowrider

replace the links single-wire mode links with some better quality cable (e.g. a short length of the speaker cable you are using).

Thats why you got great results, the supplied shunts stinks...

Cammon Nic, our friends across the pond are not used to sarcasm... ;)

G

Gambit

The new tannoy Eyris range come with cable links (ie shoutgun), as do some totem spearkers and probably more that I don't know about.

L

Lowrider

Sorry Xeriff, when we are replying we don´t see where you are from... :blush:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom