An advice about streamer device and CD Player, which one?

Krono

Novice Member
Hi there, I am very new in Hi Fi environment and right now I am thinking to buy an advice to playstreaming and also some CDs that I have in my collection. I would dlike to have your recomendations about what to buy with a budget around USD 1000 to USD1300. In my country only can get following brands: Marantz, Denon and Yamaha.
My current set up is an Amp Yamaha A S-2000, speakers Monitor Audio S200 (towers), turntable Audio Technica L120 and a Pre Box S2 digital which use to connect my Mac to play Spotify premium.
Could you guys give me a recomendation about what to buy?

gibbsy

Welcome to the Forum.

The Marantz should fine with your speakers. Unfortunately I'm unable to give you prices in USD as this is a UK based Forum. No doubt others with knowledge of the US market will be along with their recommendations based on your budget. If this is the kind of unit you are looking for.

Krono

Novice Member
Welcome to the Forum.

The Marantz should fine with your speakers. Unfortunately I'm unable to give you prices in USD as this is a UK based Forum. No doubt others with knowledge of the US market will be along with their recommendations based on your budget. If this is the kind of unit you are looking for.

Thank you very much @gibbsy for your recomendation. The price is USD 1299, pretty within my budget. Salesman mentioned to me, also, the M-CR 612 with price around USD 700. I guess this last one has less features than your recomendation. Could you tell me if the difference is too high between ND-8006 and M -CR612 taking in account my set up?.
Is it bad to consider that I could use the ND-8006 or M CR612 as preamp and connect it to may Yam A-S200? better sound on this way?. Too many questions, so sorry for this, but I would like to take advantage of your knowledge on HI FI.

gibbsy

They are completely different beasts. The MCR is aimed at the 'mini hifi' market where someone would use with small easy to drive speakers. The ND8006 is firmly aimed at the more audiophile market with better components and DACs and Marantz proprietary HDAM circuits. It has a toroidal transfomer to ensure good power supplies. The heavy copper chassis will reduce vibration when playing CDs.

I've got a Marantz SA8005 SACD player and the disc mechanism is the same as that found in the ND8006 and it is very good and extremely quiet in operation. The only downside of the ND8006 for me is the lack of SACD capability as I prefer disc to streaming.

If I was picking a player for the kitchen or bedroom it would be the MCR. For serious listening with a good amp in tow and the right speakers it would be the MD8006 even though here in the UK it costs twice as much.

Krono

Novice Member
They are completely different beasts. The MCR is aimed at the 'mini hifi' market where someone would use with small easy to drive speakers. The ND8006 is firmly aimed at the more audiophile market with better components and DACs and Marantz proprietary HDAM circuits. It has a toroidal transfomer to ensure good power supplies. The heavy copper chassis will reduce vibration when playing CDs.

I've got a Marantz SA8005 SACD player and the disc mechanism is the same as that found in the ND8006 and it is very good and extremely quiet in operation. The only downside of the ND8006 for me is the lack of SACD capability as I prefer disc to streaming.

If I was picking a player for the kitchen or bedroom it would be the MCR. For serious listening with a good amp in tow and the right speakers it would be the MD8006 even though here in the UK it costs twice as much.
Again thanks, for your explanantion. I clearly got what you mean. Will continue in my process to make the decision. Thanks a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom