An absolute head scratcher of a problem (LGCX TV)

bongo123

Established Member
Reaction score
This is making me tear my hair out and I have no idea what's happening other than ghosts are fecking with me.

I have an LGCX mounted on a tripod type stand with Q70T soundbar and up until recently have had no problems.

With everything that's plugged in (PS4 pro, Soundbar), switched off the TV when angled towards the sofa (which we sit on) switches itself on and off

20210416_200740.jpg

if i angle it towards our other sofa all is fine..

20210416_200814.jpg

What in the holiest of holies could possibly be causing this? It's literally a couple of degrees difference and as far as I'm aware there's no accelerometer inside TVs. Now round the back there's a lot going on

20210416_200911.jpg

But I've went through each device and unplugged and took out every lead to ensure that nothing is pulling or shorting the connection, chaps I'm at a loss and whilst I've had a few beers (it was sunny outside) and want to throw the thing out the window this is really perplexing me and i can't figure out what could possibly be causing it and I don't know if it's the beers or something obvious.

Hell how do I even explain this to return it!!???!

Any help appreciated before i tear what little hair I have out.

cheers

Is it possible you have neighbor with a similar device that's interfering when TV is at that angle?

Is it possible you have neighbor with a similar device that's interfering when TV is at that angle?
I can't see it, the neighbors are a bit away and it's one of those old houses built to withstand a nuclear bomb, great if a nuclear bomb goes off terrible if you want WiFi everywhere

The wife and I are now sitting on the "good" sofa, i.e. the one that doesn't have my arse imprint and she's not happy... Whereas I am still convinced my telly is haunted

So with everything out (including soundboard), tv works fine, but when angled to the sofa it turns itself on?
I wanted to initially say it’s has to be CEC control, but with everything out...
You don’t have kids taking the piss with the remote app?
Love the colour scheme btw, looks great.

So with everything out (including soundboard), tv works fine, but when angled to the sofa it turns itself on?
I wanted to initially say it’s has to be CEC control, but with everything out...
You don’t have kids taking the piss with the remote app?
Love the colour scheme btw, looks great.
I've had all the hdmi leads out and plugs switched off so it's definitely the TV, kids are too young to come up with such a nefarious plan but it simply makes no sense and I can't pin it down which is annoying me no end, point TV towards sofa2 works fine, rotate towards sofa 1 TV goes into a constant switch on/switch off mode... That makes absolutely no sense

I wanted to go darker with the colour scheme lol wife overruled me

Is there a power button under the LG logo on the front?
If there is check it's not getting fouled/pressed upon by cables etc.
Other than that, it could be stray light hitting the IR sensor on the front of the TV.

Good point in the light sensor, does the same thing happen at night ?

It is very odd, I’m sure you will get it swapped out (quick video showing it in action should be more than enough) but I’m more intrigued now to find out what is causing this !

Did you unplug it from the network, when you unplugged everything?

Do you have QuickStart set on, wonder if it is like a wake on Ian event, based on some weird light sensor issue

Did you try a factory reset?

It's a mind scratcher, I took the Firestick and Soundbar remotes and removed the batteries it's seemed to do the trick, but I put the batteries back in and it's still ok but even if one of the remotes was firing out a dodgy on/off signal how could angle effect it?? I have the light sensor switched off so I'm guessing it was one of the remotes

Put tape over the IR sensor. Problem still demonstrated?

Yes: you’re getting IR interference
No: nothing to do with IR

And if I was a retailer I wouldn’t be taking it back. It’s clearly an environmental issue.

I have the same my Samsung TV + Samsung soundbar. Happens in the middle of the night quite often. Still no clue what it can be

I have the same my Samsung TV + Samsung soundbar. Happens in the middle of the night quite often. Still no clue what it can be
In your case probably your TV or soundbar checking for a software update during the night.
The OP's problem is different, his happens only when his TV is facing in a certain direction.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom