1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amstrad vs. pace sky+ box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dothillbenny, Nov 26, 2004.

1. dothillbenny

dothillbenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

just had sky+ installed today!

I was disappointed to find out that its an Amstrad box and not a Pace!
    This is mainly because I used to own an Amstrad drx100 (?) digibox which was a terrible piece of kit right from day one.

I just wondered how these 2 boxes compare in terms of there spec., build qualitiy and performance!

is the Amstrad as reliable?

Any opinions/views from those of you with experience of Sky+, in particular the Amstrad box, would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dothillbenny

2. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    i have the pace box and i have had nothing but problems with recordings locking up all the time

3. mark raeburn

mark raeburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have had two amstrard boxes, and now have a pace.

The first amstarad had awful picture problems, the second had recording issues and the remote would not always work.

Have had the pace for two weeks now, and praying that it will be better then the amstrad's

4. davidcotton

davidcotton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Had an amstrad that was noisy in operation but was generally ok, picture wasn't brilliant but watchable.

Exchanged that via sky call out for a pace box (they just brang it, I didn't ask for one specifically)and all though the box is much much quieter in operation the fan kicks in for no reason which is down to software.

TBH from reading comments on this and other boards its all down to the quality control at sky. If you get a good amstrad then your fine.