1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amstrad Sound dropouts

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Mafty, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Mafty

Mafty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This question has probably been asked a million times before, so apologies in advance!!

My problem is with the sound dropping out for about 1/2 a second whilst watching ANY sky digital channel. The intervals vary between occurances, but are normally roughly 30mins apart.
    Could this be a problem with the sound chip overheating? It seems to get worse if I leave the door of my TV cabinet shut, and also the longer I watch, the more frequent the dropouts occur.

I know it's not the TV or amp, because I have piped the sky to four rooms in the house and it's the same in those rooms.

Any Ideas???

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard of someone having this symptom with a DRX100 after he'd "cooked" it. Really, you can't put electronic equipment in an oven-like cabinet and expect it to be reliable. It needs to be kept COOL.

You may have damaged it fatally but try (if no children or animals are about) running it on an open shelf with its cover off and a fan directing air at it. If it now works OK, you might just get away with fitting a cooling fan kit from someone like satcure.

Fman