1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amstrad Sky+ Remote problem (take 2)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by pinter75, Sep 8, 2004.

1. pinter75

pinter75
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, as this post didn't post correctly 1st time, I'll start again.

My Amstrad Sky+ box which is 5 days old has been giving me grief since day 1. After the box has been on for a while, the remote control suddenly stops working. Sometimes for 20 mins, 2 hours or over night. The front panel works ok, so does the TV (so not the remote). The strange thing is that the remote will work if it is right upto the remote sensor on the box? Finally sometimes the box will resond to one command then no others for ages!

Is this a common fault with the amstrad boxes or is mine a dodgy one?

Sky are coming out on friday to look at it - but I bet it behaves itself :-(

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If they swap the box make sure you get a brand new replacement, they are buggers for trying to dump refurbs for under warranty swap outs.

3. pinter75

pinter75
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They said that I will get a new unit if it needs to be swapped out. I will only accept refubs after 6 months since new - which is not really fair considering the 12 months warranty.

4. luggsie

luggsie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Just an outside possibility, check there is no interference at the SKY IR sensor from another remote that something is resting on and pressing a button continuously, or else have you a video link with an IR emitter which is playing up near the SKY box. Strong sunlight falling on the sensor used to be problem years ago but shouldn't be by now.

luggsie

5. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0