Amstrad Sky+ picture quality

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Ultra2man, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Ultra2man

Ultra2man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    After 2 years and 10 months my Pace V1 Sky+ box decide to die ( the dreaded stuck in standby problem ). So after contacting Sky and trying out a few things it was decided that I needed a new/refurb box under the 65 pounds deal.
    So now I have an Amstrad box and I think the picture quality is pretty poor when compared to the old Pace box.
    The main problem is vertical banding in the picture when it is panning from side to side, most noticeable in the grass when watching footbal but also on anything with large consistent areas of colour.
    The picture also seems to be noisier and hence lots of things appear softer or blurred.
    I am viewing it on a Pioneer 50" Plamsa via RGB through a good quality scart.

So I am after the views of any other members out there who have had to change from a Pace box to an Amstrad box and have seen a similar problems. I must admit that the build quality of the Amstrad is a lot poorer than the Pace. The Pace was much more heavy and solid compared to the light and plasticky Amstrad.
    I'm guessing that I'm going to have to get Sky back out but will I get a Pace box if they come back out?
    Thanks,
    Mike.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,894
    There's a few threads in this forum discussing this subject. There's one a few further down from this entitled Picture Quality that covers problems with the Amstrad box.

3. Ultra2man

Ultra2man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Well I've been in touch with Sky and they are going to send an engineer out.
    Will have to wait a couple of weks till I get back from my holiday.
    I'd still be interested to hear from people who had a Pace box and now have an Amstrad as to their views on the picture quality.
    Mike.