(amstrad) Sky+HD stuck in standby (orange light)

spicercarrier

Standard Member
Hi everyone, I'm a new user so please bare with me :confused:

I had Sky+HD installed this saturday...AS SOON as the engineer left, the screen went blank and blue, so we followed a few simple online instructions and the box went into standby with the ORANGE light on the front.

Have tried all the online suggestions, unplugging, leaving 10 mins, plugging back in holding back up button, waiting another 10 mins etc...Nothing worked.

Spent about an hour on the phone to call centre, tried everything they suggested, taking out HDMI cables and cables from dish (don't know what they're called sorry) and putting them all back in again...

Have even tried some of the advice on here for other models and for sky+ (not HD)

Got someone coming out tomorrow but it's winding me up that I can't do it myself...losing the will to live with it :suicide:...only got it for the footy and not managed to watch any of it in HD :mad:

Some one help me :lease: !!!!!!!

Oh...also just got an email saying "press service button on remote, blah blah blah!!!" ARGH>>>Remote won't do anything it's stuck in standby!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Rachael

Last edited:

jono t

Hi everyone, I'm a new user so please bare with me :confused:

I had Sky+HD installed this saturday...AS SOON as the engineer left, the screen went blank and blue, so we followed a few simple online instructions and the box went into standby with the ORANGE light on the front.

Have tried all the online suggestions, unplugging, leaving 10 mins, plugging back in holding back up button, waiting another 10 mins etc...Nothing worked.

Spent about an hour on the phone to call centre, tried everything they suggested, taking out HDMI cables and cables from dish (don't know what they're called sorry) and putting them all back in again...

Have even tried some of the advice on here for other models and for sky+ (not HD)

Got someone coming out tomorrow but it's winding me up that I can't do it myself...losing the will to live with it :suicide:...only got it for the footy and not managed to watch any of it in HD :mad:

Some one help me :lease: !!!!!!!

Oh...also just got an email saying "press service button on remote, blah blah blah!!!" ARGH>>>Remote won't do anything it's stuck in standby!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Rachael
Hi try holding the off button on the remote till you get a red light, then wait 30 secs, then try switching on with the remote, box should come on with the SkyHD wellcome screen followed by searching for channels, may go blank in between but should come on again with the message press backup to continue. hope this helps.

spicercarrier

Standard Member
Jono t...thanks...just tried that but the remote won't do anything :mad:...
Managed to get the red light to come on if I hold the power button on the box, but just goes straight back onto the orange one when try to power up again.
Thanks anyway...
Am maybe just best off waiting for the engineer
:rolleyes:

jono t

Jono t...thanks...just tried that but the remote won't do anything :mad:...
Managed to get the red light to come on if I hold the power button on the box, but just goes straight back onto the orange one when try to power up again.
Thanks anyway...
Am maybe just best off waiting for the engineer
:rolleyes:
Hi spicercarrier between thelight changing from red to orange what was being displayed on the screen,

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom