Amstrad SKY HD Fan question

wdw75

Hi all,

I am new here but have been lurking for ages, sorry that my 1st post is a question!

Last week we finally got Sky HD+ fitted (it is an Amstrad) after having only the standard Sky Digital previously.

I have a question about the fan. If I turn the Digibox on, it sounds quite loud, as though the fan is on - but when I look underneath, there is a fan visible in the bottom corner (just behind the front edge) that is not spinning. Infact I have never seen it spin yet..

Is there another fan that I am hearing inside the box? Should the visible fan be spinning? The noise is quite loud - much louder than our Sony HD Dvd recorder, but is more of a high frequency sound than a fan sound (nothing like the XBox 360 anyway!) I can sort of tune out the sound as we are watching Sky, but there is always there during the quiet moments - is this normal??

Thanks for any opinions

:)

wdw75

Hard Disk?
Ok -its the hard disc that I can hear - but should the underside fan that is visible through the grating be spinning 24/7 or only when it gets really hot? I have never seen it spin yet, so could it be faulty?

kenedin

Ok -its the hard disc that I can hear - but should the underside fan that is visible through the grating be spinning 24/7 or only when it gets really hot? I have never seen it spin yet, so could it be faulty?

I have two fans on my Thomson, and I've yet to hear them. Don't worry, they don't *have* to be on all the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom