Amstrad Sky+ box

Originally posted by buns
No plasma Im aware of would take sdi anyhow
Until they went out of business, Delphi DD42E / Visionery DD42 42" plasma had a built-in Serial Digital Input (SDI).

Sony LMD 230WS 23" LCD had an optional SDI input too.

Stoo "I'll get me anorak" Monster

gazza982 said:
Yes, you will need a scaler with a SDI input. From what I've read a SDI input straight into a plasma isn't a good idea, even if any had a SDI input. This would involve another conversion which the plasma isn't optimised for.

What scaler would you recommend?
And who could do the digibox mod for me at what cost?
Thanks

What scaler would you recommend?

There are a number of quality scalers on the market, Crystalio, Iscan and Lumagen are just a few.

I ordered a Lumagen VisionPro HDP from Joe, but they haven't shipped yet. So can't really give you any feedback yet.

StooMonster said:
Until they went out of business, Delphi DD42E / Visionery DD42 42" plasma had a built-in Serial Digital Input (SDI).

Sony LMD 230WS 23" LCD had an optional SDI input too.

Stoo "I'll get me anorak" Monster
forgot about that one..... Gordon told me it was poo anyhow.

therooster:
scaler choice is wide depending on money you want to spend. For me the best value looked to be the lumagen vision HDP which is on (beta) release at the mo. For mods of your box, contact Elliot at PJ Hifi who does them at £350 which includes board, fitting and a very thorough soak test.

all the best

ad

Elliot at PJ Hifi

Elliot is modifying my Arcam DV27A and has kept me posted at every stage, you won't get better service. :thumbsup:

gazza982 said:
Elliot is modifying my Arcam DV27A and has kept me posted at every stage, you won't get better service. :thumbsup:
Ive got mine, it is a beauty of a machine :D Cant recommend Elliot highly enough

Ad

Ive got mine, it is a beauty of a machine
I bought it mainly for the better than average audio but haven't seen it with anything other than component. How does the SDI compare Ad?

gazza982 said:
I bought it mainly for the better than average audio but haven't seen it with anything other than component. How does the SDI compare Ad?
Actually my reason for buying is the same as yours. Overall im very happy but it must be stressed that absolutely all of my video gear in now brand spanking new, so it is hard to draw a comparative conclusion!

Ad

this may be a bit off topic, but when ordering sky+ from sky, can i request whatever box i want?? or do i get what im given?

you can request but it seems that you just will get whatever the installer has in his van....

ad

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom