Amstrad Sky+ box problems

nealb

Novice Member
I've had this box for about 18 months now, been reliable until about a month ago...

Now it regularly crashes, fails recording, when changing channels goes into the sky customer services channel instead and just now wont display the contents of the sky+ planner..... tied to access one of the recordings on it last night and it did nothing.

Could this be a failed hard drive???

Cheers for any advise....

spice2019

Novice Member
nealb said:
I've had this box for about 18 months now, been reliable until about a month ago...

Now it regularly crashes, fails recording, when changing channels goes into the sky customer services channel instead and just now wont display the contents of the sky+ planner..... tied to access one of the recordings on it last night and it did nothing.

Could this be a failed hard drive???

Cheers for any advise....
Sounds like it, a new drive is fairly easy to fit. See here http://www.morlocks.co.uk/sky.htm

nealb

Novice Member
it's actually behaving it'self at the moment although one of Fridays recordings just had the date in the views or recorded bit..... great.

got a spare 135gb drive anyway so i'll give it a whirl, been meaning to do something like that since the start as 40gb is penny pinching. My Tivo had that and thats was years ago!!

cheers!

Top Bottom