Amstrad Sky Box problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mentsugi, Oct 27, 2004.

1. mentsugi

mentsugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Have just had my Panny Sky box replaced under warranty with the above. Now , whenever I use my panny DVD recorder (connected to the Sky box via SCART) to start recording a program and then after some time I start watching the program while it is still recording (timeslip function) the recording goes blank at the point where I started the timeslip?

I have changed no settings on the DVDR and the Sky is setup the same as my old box? At first I thought it was a problem with the Sky box that when you press TV button the RGB goes to component and blanks the screen. However even without pressing the TV button the recording goes blank at the point of starting the timeslip.

I also noticed that when viewing TV aerial channels on the DVDR and pressing the DVDR 'Function' button the programme would continue in the background of the Functions menu .BUT if I set the DVDR channel to AV2 the background Sky image would fade and sometimes go blank....backing up the above problem.

So I finally I moved the Sky TV out SCART to the DVDR AV2 input and retried the Functions menu test and the timeslip test and both worked fine!!!

This would suggest a problem with the output of the Sky Video SCART?

Any advice on this problem before I call the engineer back?

2. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I don't kow whats going on here but why are you connecting via the Sky VCR scart? You may have an old DVDR but I thought all Pannies recorded in RGB (you never mentioned what model you had). If you have a DVDR that supports RGB input you should be coming off the TV scart.

How is AV2 set up? I assume from your post its set to composite as you connect to the VCR scart. Pin 16 causes a switch to/from RGB mode so possibly this is percolating (spelling) across to the VCR scart.

Please state the Skybox and DVDR model type.

3. mentsugi

mentsugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Bobcar, I have DVDR Panny E30 and Sky box is Amstrad DRX400.

I have tried using the Sky TVOUT into the DVDR but I couldnt watch the Sky if the DVDR was recording from the aerial so had to revert to putting the Sky TVOUT to the TV and Sky VCR to DVDR.

The AV2 of the Panny E30 is set to normal Video mode as I believe that is what the VCR OUT of the Sky box is sending?

Let me know if I am assuming wrongly?

Cheers

4. mentsugi

mentsugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Just fixed it!

Fiddling around with the SCART options of the DVDR and found that changing SCART2 in (the Sky connection) to DECODER (from NORMAL) solved the problem! I can now timeslip OK without the screen blanking.

Not sure what DECODER means as it was not set to this on my previous Sky Panny Digibox?

Now if I could find a way to have the setup of Sky RGB (TVOUT) to DVDR to TV (RGB) without losing Sky if I am recording from Aerial I will be a happy man!

:thumbsup: