Amstrad DRX180 Sky+box stuck on red light, fan not spinning (hd is though)

samwants2save

Standard Member
Sadly, my ever miraculous Sky+ box seems to be opting for early retirement, but I'm not willing for it to give up the ghost so soon.

It was stuck on 'red light' for ages and I'd googled a bit and today replaced the hard drive. I can hear it spin when it turns on after a high pitch squeak, but have noticed that the fan doesn't spin at all. The box however, is still stuck in red light mode nonetheless.

Somehow the box operated as a pvr without me actually subscribing to the sky plus service (just watch/ record free stuff)..I have tried another box but they don't record programmes.

Any ideas?

Stevenage Neil

Full System Reset. (Why have you posted in the HD/3D Forum?)

logiciel

I can't say I've even heard of this model, but any retirement it might be due for is surely not exactly early?
It can't be HD so the thread has to leave the HD forum where you posted it.

logiciel

Suits me. :D

You've just lost a tenner Neil, because I'll advise it! :laugh:

I think a fiver each, to myself and Logi, would be fair? :smashin:
It seems that neither of you actually fully read the OP where he states he is NOT subscribing - do you really think they are giving away free replacements to non subscibers.

Stevenage Neil

It seems that neither of you actually fully read the OP where he states he is NOT subscribing ..
He doesn't exactly say that. He says he does not subscribe to the Sky+ service. Perhaps he doesn't realise that it has been free for many a year.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom