Amstrad DRX180 S-Video...

Dickster

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone help.... I've inherited an Amstrad DRX180 Sky+ box and am having a problem with the S-Video connection, I can't seem to get it to output a picture. I get a quick flash of image, then nothing. I need to use the S-Video as opposed to Scart due to connections further down the line.

I don't have the Manual for it and haven't fully understood to working of the use interface.

Can any one offer any ideas and/or a manual.

many thanks in advance,

Dickster :thumbsup:

You should get a picture simply by connecting it to the S-Video input on your TV and setting the TV to accept that input. If you don't, then your S-Video lead may be faulty or the socket on the TV or DRX-180 may have a bad connection.

But most likely you simply haven't set the TV to look at the S-Video input.
Can't help with the TV manual. If you've lost it, check with the shop where you bought it.

Cheers for the swift reply SamRadford, :smashin:

I was thinking along the lines of suspect cable, will locate another and recheck, but my suspisions were swayed to the possibility of another reason when I found the Scart ON/OFF toggle in the System area of the UI. As when I switch this to off, the TV recognises the lack of input and switches to the S-video one. This is when I get the flash of image, then nothing.

Hmmm......

Cool,

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom