amstrad box driving me mental!!!

had my 15 month thompson box changed last week and the engineer was brilliant, even said the picture on HD cricket on my kuro was the best hd picture he had seen having never seen a pioneer before. he changed my box to a refurb amstrad and all was well. even got the old epg back, but its started making a high pitched sound when on and itsdriving me mad. even my girlfriend can here it. do i call sky and ask for another, or am i stuck with it?

sounds like the hard drive isnt well...

My 6 week old pace box did this after the update and died a day later...

Get SKY out to swap and make sure they dont give you another amstrad

PE06MCG

Novice Member
sounds like the hard drive isnt well...

My 6 week old pace box did this after the update and died a day later...

Get SKY out to swap and make sure they dont give you another amstrad

Hi,

Interested in your criticism of Amstrad STB.

Is it just the refurbs or is there a problem with the new ones ?.

I ask because my perfectly behaving Pace was replaced (Sky replacement program) by a new Amstrad STB.
Up to now i have to say it is every bit as good if not better than my impressive Pace (and easier to upgrade the HDD).

its a refurb. just got off the phone from Sky and i had to hang up. the guy told me there is nothing wrong with the box. He said it might be my tv and asked what make it was, told him it was a Pioneer and he said they are rubish and that was why they went out of business!!! he refused to put me through to a manager and said if I did not like Sky then I should cancel. final insult was when I mentioned the forums and he said the forums were a "load of rubbish that was populated by geeks that see problems that RE NOT THERE!!! When I asked why so many people would raise problems with Sky hd just for the sake of it he replied that they recalled faulty pace boxes and that was good customer service as they did not have to do it. just before I hung up he said if the box is making a high pitched noise then I should put it in a cabinet!! interested to hear people's thoughts

HD sceptic

email the management.
did you get the operators name, if so include his name and the time of the call in the emails.

email the whole board, google bskb directors, and you will get all their names. then it's just "[email protected]"

definately include jeremy daroch, and crsupport.

that might get you somewhere.

edit, pioneer might be interested in the way sky are describing their products too.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom