Amps with time delay for lipsync issues

gammmmo

Novice Member
Quick question: can someone give me a list of amps/receivers which have an audio time delay function that can be used to address lipsync issues, and which are in the sub £500 price bracket?? Cheers.

MarkE19

About a year ago when the Denon 3803 was released it was the first receiver in the sub £1000 price bracket to have the master delay feature. There are a few others available now, but still not in the sub £500 range.
If you can wait for a while then the new Denon 3805 is about to be released and therefore I would expect the price of the 3803 to drop a little as retailers clear their old stocks. Otherwise its keep an eye out for one second hand.

Mark.

gammmmo

Novice Member
Thanks for the replies guys...how essential is this feature for use with plasmas? I hear its only an issue for certain (non-movie) channels on Sky and my local Sevenoaks Hifi didn't think it was an issue really anymore.

MarkE19

It really depends on how sensitive you are to lip-sync. I tend to get bothered by it if watching for long periods, but if just watching while doing other things I don't notice it. I find Sky News is the worst for lip-sync, with some of the other news channels close behind. I only occasionally notice it with DVD's.
Some people are lucky and never notice it at all.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom