1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amps for 5.1 speaker packages - Newb alert

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by pow1983, Jan 23, 2005.

1. pow1983

pow1983
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have some old Cambridge Soundworks (Creative labs) 5.1 speakers, they've been great for their life time, but the subwoofer or amp is dying as i keep losing power to it, only way to correct seems to be to turn off the amp for a while. Even when it does work the bass struggles here and there, so its as good excuse as any to get a new set of speakers.

The Cambridge Soundworks one came with an AMP, which made it a really good package.

Im interested in a few makes and models, 2 in particular are the Mission M3S and Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP package. Both of these come without an AMP and the 5.1 AMPS ive found so far are above £800. Am i looking in the wrong place ?? I know that some of these cinema speaker packages come with the AMP inside the subwoofer, but ive not found one of those that I like. Can someone point me to cheaper AMPS that would support these models.

I will be connecting the package to my computer, if that makes any difference.

Any help appreciated
    Cheers,

2. Andy_t

Andy_t
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You must have been looking in the wrong places! Richer sounds has some decent amps at decent prices such as this.

3. pow1983

pow1983
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Marvellous, thanks!