1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

amplifier to video

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mulder, Jan 24, 2003.

1. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Amature needs help!
    I've just purchased a Nicam video recorder to tide me over until the dvd recordable format war has become more clear and was wondering which is the best way to wire it up to my amp? I want to be able to playback my recorded vids through my rears as well as my main 2 and centre if possible.

My amp is a Yamaha dsp ax620 and vid is toshiba 632

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

Best way is a pair of analogue phono cables from the audio outs of the VCR into the relevant input of the Yamaha. If the videos are recorded in stereo then use Pro-Logic or Pro-Logic 2 (if this model has it) or 5ch stereo (again, if this amp has such a mode). If they are in mono then the only option is to use one of the DSP effects (mono movie?) if you want sound out of all, or nearly all, the speakers.

3. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My recorded programs from terrestial tv are full surround sound but for some reason I cannot record sky digital in surround sound. I have connected up some phonos from vid to amp as you said. would it make any difference if I connected vid scart to phonos on amp? There must be something I'm missing!!

My connections are:

DVD to amp coaxial
    DVD to TV Scart
    SKY TO TV scart
    SKY to amp phono leads
    Video to Amp phono leads
    Video to TV RF cable

4. Mr Cheese

Mr Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
  5. Mr Cheese

Mr Cheese

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    You have neglected to say how your Sky box is connected to your VCR. You MUST connect your Sky Box 'VCR' SCART to your VCR via SCART. You WILL NOT record any stereo or surround information from your Sky box if you just tune your tv or video in to the RF output of your Sky box.

I suggest:-

Sky 'VCR' Scart --------VCR Scart AV1 **Use fully wired scart lead
    Sky 'TV' Scart----------TV AV2 (If AV 1 is used for DVD Player RGB, else use AV1 and set sky box to RGB out)

This enables full stereo recording and playback of Sky programmes.

You do not need to make a further VCR - TV connection as playing a tape on the VCR will automatically route the signal through the Sky box to AV2 of your tv. (This will not effect the RF output of your Skybox if you have another tv connected to it.)

Then connect the 2 phono audio outs of the sky box to your amp as suggested and select Prologic I or II, to decode surround information.

Mr Cheese