• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Amplifier + soundspeakers

danny106

Standard Member
Dear Forum members,

I have a question. We have a 30m2 basement. In the basement we have a Samsung PS64D8000. This is a plasma 64 "and it supports 3D. The basement should also get a good surround sound system. I want not spend too much money on a sound system. I was thinking about 1000 and 1500 euros. Now I have seen the following products and that is the next amplifier:
Onkyo TX-NR609

My choice is in this case because this amplifier supports HDMI 1.4 and also has 3D and THX certified. Onkyo is also a good brand.

Now I must also have a 5.1 surround sound system. I actually find this the most difficult of all. I want it to watch movies and music DVDs etc. So the set has to be all round. Now I had seen the KEF speakers T205. But this start at a price of € 1599, - this is a lot of money. The speakers must be on the wall, so i can't have standing speakers unfortunately.

What would you advise me? Price / performance ratio is important!

Thanks for your advice!

Sincerely,

Danny

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom