Amplifier Recommendations

Seeker_UK

Novice Member
What would be a significant upgrade to my Audiolab 8000a (Pre TagMcLaren) wich sits between my Meridian 506.24 and ProAc Studio 140s?

I'd like to go valve but space is an issue (ie monoblocks etc is out of the question).

Budget < £1200.

Cheers

[edit]

Apologies for having asked this question before but since then, I have changed speakers from the Neats to the ProAcs. When I demoed the ProAcs they were connected to about £10K of Bryston kit. Well out of my price range. The 8000a is good but not quite 'Bryston' ;).

Oh yes, any amp I buy has to be able to perform well w/out being left on all the time.

Last edited:

DavidAston

Standard Member
Hello Seeker
:thumbsup: When the power amp on my Audiolab setup failed, and couldnt be fixed, I replaced it with a Quad 99/909 combination, and would heartily recommend that. You must of course have a listen at a decent dealers.

kushtibari

Novice Member
I'm slightly biased but given your choice of speakers I'm tempted to suggest Sugden. The two have a decent synergy and at the prices of the moment the A21SE is almost in range. I know there was one at Definitive for £1000 recently.

CJROSS

I'm slightly biased but given your choice of speakers I'm tempted to suggest Sugden. The two have a decent synergy and at the prices of the moment the A21SE is almost in range. I know there was one at Definitive for £1000 recently.
Brilliant suggestion.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom