Amplifier Recommendations

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by gguy, Jul 25, 2018.

1. gguy

gguy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am fairly new to all of this and would like some advice on picking the right amp, integrated or component, for listening to vinyl and digital/FLAC.

My current setup is as follows: Pioneer PLX-1000 turntable w/ Nagoaka MP-110, Vincent PHO-8 pre-amp, Paradigm Studio 20 v.3 speakers and PDR-8 sub, and an Onkyo TX-NR609 AVR receiver.

After running this setup for a few months, I am starting to think that the receiver is a weak link in this setup and would like to upgrade. My budget is around $500 give or take.

Some amps I have looked into are the Rega Brio, and Outlaw RR2150. I have no problem buying used. My only requirement is that it has a headphone jack. USB input for digital would be a huge plus. Also, if it has a decent phono stage, I can sell the Vincent which would give me more room in my budget.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

2. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,335
    If you want the stereo amp to also be connected to the receiver then the amp would need HT bypass, plus the AVR would need pre-outs. The Rega Brio doesn't have HT bypass, but does have a 6.35mm headphone jack. The cheapest, if that is the right word, Rega that has HT bypass is the Elicit R, but that doesn't have the headphone jack at all. The Elicit R currently sells for £1750 here in the UK.

You may not be aware though that this is a United Kingdom based forum and as such it is difficult to give advice for a budget based in USD and some components will not be familiar here, such as the Outlaw. For that you may be better of looking at the US based AVS. Plenty of here will help with technical questions if you have any.

3. gguy

gguy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I will do that.