Amplifier recommendation for Record Player (RP4000MK2)

rupickles

Novice Member
Hello all,

First time poster, and general record playing noob. I'm hoping the lovely gurus here could recommend me an amp for my record player.

• Record player is: RP4000MK2 by Reloop
  • Speakers are: Not purchased! Probably getting something simple like Maurdaunt M10's
  • Amplifier: Will only be for use with the record player. Which is just for listening to records, not mixing or DJ'ing.
  • Amp budget: £100 (though can pay more if that is not realistic)
I understand that a system is only as good as it's weakest part. So I'd be open to speaker recommendations also!

Appreciate any who read this, and any who are kind enough to give me their advice.

Ruairidh

muljao

rupickles

Novice Member
This is the only connection the record player has. So these plug straight into a pair of speakers?
20210111_132318.jpg

silversurfer24v

The red and white are the audio output plugs and the u shaped lead is the earthing lead , these leads connect to the phono connections on the amp

rupickles

Novice Member
The red and white are the audio output plugs and the u shaped lead is the earthing lead , these leads connect to the phono connections on the amp

I see, thanks for your reply. The previous reply stated that I did not need an amp, which confused me.

Would you have any recommendations for an amp for the RP4000MK2 by Reloop?

Thanks

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
This is the only connection the record player has. So these plug straight into a pair of speakers?View attachment 1439332

Not into any pair of speakers but yes, they will plug into the pair linked to in post 2 so if you were to buy those particular ones you wouldn't need anything else. Those speakers have both amp and phono pre-amp built in.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom