Amplifier/Receiver with remote control speaker switching

markhudds2

Established Member
I've got a WTD in the classifieds, but am also looking at the current budget models ...

I need an amp or receiver which has got a speaker selection switch actually on the remote control. Most have the A/B switch on the front of the units, however it's very hard (impossible) to determine from spec sheets whether they have the button on the remote control!

I'm looking for one button on the remote to toggle - A only, B only, A+B & none.

I'd really appreciate a reply with your make/model if you have this feature!

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Have you thought about using the 'multi-room' feature often available ?

Mike.

wizbongre

Established Member
I'm not sure if this will help you but my Yammy RXV800 has A/B switching on the front panel. The standard remote doesn't control this BUT I found some discrete codes for my Pronto which do...

I'm assuming (possibly incorrectly!) that other Yamaha amps may work in the same way. OF course it is only useful to you if you have a Pronto (or similar) and can find the discrete codes you need.

HTH.

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by MarkHudds
Mike ... can you explain?:confused:

The obvious thing: send sources to other rooms; usually at line level, but not always. Look at the relevant bit of this manual.

It's like a "record out selector" but it's a "room out selector", IYSWIM.

HTH,
Mike.

Bassbin

Established Member
My old Yamaha DSPA1092 had AB switching on the remote but the slightly newer DSPA2 I have now doesn't. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a code that would operate it if you have a pronto though as the remotes for the two amps were almost identical with a few renamed buttons. Don't have the old one anymore so I can't be sure though.

balders

Established Member
My Denon 1804 has this feature - the 'Speaker' button on the remote allows selection of A, B, or A+B.

Balders.

markhudds2

Established Member
Thanks for the replies so far ... keep them coming!

I did have a Pronto once, however I prefer hard-buttons. So discrete codes & CCF's can't help me.

Balders - does the 1804 include a 'none' toggle for this button i.e. neither A or B?

markhudds2

Established Member
Just to let you know I've ordered a Denon AVR1603 for the bargain price of £149 (I suppose it's knocked down due to the AVR1604 replacing it).

Anyway it has the required 'speaker' button on the remote so I'm happy!

The latest video from AVForums

Sony A84L/A80L BRAVIA XR OLED TV Review - COMPARED to LG C3, Samsung QD-OLED & LG G3
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Back
Top Bottom