Amplifier or not?

Mayo4Sam

I have Sky+ downstairs in my house and I want to route the signal to 2 other TV's.

I have already done it for one TV using a Sky 'magic eye' and it works OK, signal is not perfect but acceptable.

I now want to pipe the same signal to another TV upstairs and I was I wondering would a Philex SLX2CF amplifier (http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page15.htm ) split the signal for me AND improve the signal quality?

Ideally, I will use the existing 20m co-axial single cable run from my Sky+ box into the attic, input into the amplifier here and split the signal to the other TV's (one 5m, the other a 15m cable run, both with 'magic eyes').

Not sure if this is worth doing as the amplifier will be 20m away from the Sky box so amplifying the noise from the cable also. Alternative is to put the amplifier behind the Sky box and run 2 new (long) cables to the other TV's - not my preferred option :thumbsdow.

Any comments?

tonkie

I have Sky+ downstairs in my house and I want to route the signal to 2 other TV's.

I have already done it for one TV using a Sky 'magic eye' and it works OK, signal is not perfect but acceptable.

I now want to pipe the same signal to another TV upstairs and I was I wondering would a Philex SLX2CF amplifier (http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page15.htm ) split the signal for me AND improve the signal quality?

Ideally, I will use the existing 20m co-axial single cable run from my Sky+ box into the attic, input into the amplifier here and split the signal to the other TV's (one 5m, the other a 15m cable run, both with 'magic eyes').

Not sure if this is worth doing as the amplifier will be 20m away from the Sky box so amplifying the noise from the cable also. Alternative is to put the amplifier behind the Sky box and run 2 new (long) cables to the other TV's - not my preferred option :thumbsdow.

Any comments?

I use a Global T180 amplifier and it works fine for me and it is about the same distance away

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom