Amplifier help

Sanchezuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
I an in need for so help, I am look for a amp which has 2zone,

I need this amp as I have 2 room and I would like to play the same music in both room and also when need I would like to play different music in each room, I would like to control the volume in each room,

Do anyone know what amp can do this or do I have to have 2 different amp, if so how would I set this up.

Thank you for getting back to me,

With this amp I can do this, is it easy to set up?

With this amp I can do this, is it easy to set up?

You can do as you ask in your initial post with this amp and this is its designated purpose. I don't own one, but can't imagine it being a complex affair to set it up and configure it? There will be a manual included ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for you help mate, just 1 thing, all my speakers are 100 watts max, would I need to change then?

No need to change your speakers. Max power is nothing more than the amount of power they can take. The minimum power is more important and will be a lot lower (normally somewhere around 20W for most speakers). The Teac amp will have more than enough power to run them.

The first thing we need to know is how much money do you have to spend?

Next what are the two rooms, and what is the proximity to each other? For example, is this a lounge and a adjoining Kitchen? If so then separate rooms or open floorplan? Or, a lounge and remote bedroom? Or a bedroom and adjoining bathroom? These details matter.

Next what is your most common music source? Radio? TV? Turntable? CD Player? Computer? Etc...?

You want to both Broadcast music, meaning the same music in each room. BUT you also want the ability to have each room individually select their own source of music. That complicates things. Complicating things even more, is the desire for independent volume controls. If you can accept controls that ONLY turn the music DOWN, that is not that hard to do.

For independent selection in each room, you want computer wired/wireless systems that can pull music off a central computer.

But for Broadcast, that is a single source serving many rooms, you need a wired system like the TEAC, though there are better, but then tend to be pretty expensive. You can buy two amps for less than most Multi-Channel Distribution amps. Also, while you are considering a wired system, consider the proximity of the room and how hard it might (or might not) be to run wires between the locations.

Answer my question, and if you can give us a better or more expanded description of what you would like to do. Budget is very important. If you have a starvation budget, then we must go the minimalist route of one amp, with speakers in two locations, and some L-Pads in the second room to turn the volume down.

The system as you describe it seems a bit difficult to accomplish.

Steve/bluewizard

TThe system as you describe it seems a bit difficult to accomplish.

Only if you make it so by overcomplicating matters :D

The amp that was recommended fullfills the OP's requirements. :)

I'm not saying the TEAC will not server what we assume the OP's requirements are. But the key word is 'Assume'.

It would be better if he clarified. Certainly the more information we have, the better we can help find a solution.

If he feels this amp serves all his needs then fine. But I would feel better if I know more.

Steve/bluewizard

Hi guys, thank you for your help I got the amp the other day and it all works the way I want it to..

1 question I need to get a subwoofer for this amp. Can someone tell me which subwoofer I should get?
The amp has a sub zone pre-out, I take it that this is for a subwoofer

What is your budget?
BK Electronics make some very good value for money subs. The Monolith would give you more than enough bass.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom