amplifier/dvd and wireless headphone help

bo74

hello,
hoping someone can help me out here...i`ve just purchased some sony mdr-hw700ds wireless headphones....got them set up but hit a problem,
when i connect them just to the dvd player (sony bdp-s370) and (arc) tv (panasonic g20) things seem to work fine through the headphones and i can listen to sound through tv fine with the headphones deactivated,
but when i run the set up through my amp (onkyo tx-nr579) i can`t seem to keep the image/sound from dvd player when i deactivate the headphones.....the image and sound will remain for about 30 secs then i get a blue screen and no sound.....so going by this the finger is pointing to the amp...wether its a setting i`m missing or something else i don`t know,
i`ve got the tv (arc) connected to hdmi (out) on amp, headphone processor hdmi (out) connected to amp hdmi (in) and dvd hdmi (out) to headphone processoer hdmi (in)...here is a link to the headphone set up guide | Help Guide
hoping it may be something relatively simple that someone with more knowledge than me (does`nt take much) can explain.
will look forward to any replies/suggestions,
thankyou.

p.s. my dvd player only has 1 hdmi out....is there any way i`m able to keep the setup seperate from the amp with hdmi conection??? i.e. connect dvd and headphone processor to tv and also be able to connect dvd to amp...would a hdmi splitter or something do this or am i thinking wrongly here?...as it works fine without going through the amp

Last edited:

bo74

yes used hdmi switch on mode 2 for amp and (arc) set up and mode 1 for connecting just dvd and headphone processor to tv on there own...

i just can`t work out if my amp is the issue or the headphone processor

maybe the switch isn`t working correctly.....i`m not savvy enough to single anything out atm

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom