1. Join Now

    AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amplifier Choice for C30 preamp: P7 or 2 P1s and a P35-3

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by hughross, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. hughross

    hughross
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am about to purchase a C30 preamp (with multichannel board) and was wondering which would be the best choice of amplifier? I could either get a P7 or else 2 P1s and a P35-3. I am currently leaning for the P7 as this is a. cheaper, b. more convenient, and c. Will allow me to bi-amp my front speakers. I spend 80% of my time listening to music (mainly stereo, some multichannel) and the rest (20%) watching movies. Do you think the P1 /P35 combo will be sound noticeably superior (i.e. enough to justify the extra cost / rack-space)? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
    Hugh
     
  2. Yannis Koliavas

    Yannis Koliavas
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd advise you to go for the P1 & P35/3 combo. You say you you like most listening to music and mainly stereo. The P1x2 is the best choice for two channel stereo reproduction. Go for them and later you can add a P35/3 . I 'm sure you 're gonna like the two channel stereo reproduction, and you won't need the other 3 channels (except for movies)!
     
  3. hughross

    hughross
    Guest

    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0
    I borrowed a C30 and 2 P1s from my dealer at the weekend. It sounds fantastic - night and day difference from my previous system (rotel RSP1066 and RMB1075). The improvement in bass makes my subwoofer redundant and it's the first time I've really enjoyed listening to rock on the system. Even the girlfriend notices a huge difference. And I've only heard it in stereo! I can't wait to hear it with the multichannel board and P35.3. Highly recommended for anybody considering an upgrade.
     

Share This Page

Loading...