Amphony 2500 Wireless 5.8GHZ

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ummalterman, Sep 16, 2007.

1. ummalterman

ummalterman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi! New guy here. Anybody used or bought these? Any info. about performance? Price? Best supplier? Any info. gratefully received. Cheers/ Tom.:lease:

2. rotohead

rotohead
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, over a year and nobody posted to this thread?
    I acquired a pair this christmas and I have to say I'm fairly happy with the sound. I will say that it has to be set up using digital optical only. Analog doesn't sound good at all. And the headband design/function is poor but with some medium density foam rubber you can make it fit alot better. The battery life (rechargable AA NiMh) is very impressive. Have gone for over eight or nine days using them 4 to 8 hours a day and still had battery left. The transmitter is poorly designed when you consider your best reception is to place it up high, but the battery charger feature is also on the transmitter box. Doesn't go together that well. I've had other battery chargers around so I just use one of those and put the transmitter up as high as I can get. I'd say it has above average range, just a guess but maybe 75 feet thru two walls. I've had other wireless headphones and these are the best one's I've found. Also 5.8 Ghz hasn't interfered with my 11n wireless home network or my 2.4 Ghz phone system or my cell phone. For that I'm very happy. Thanks Amphony for a decent product with just a few flaws.