Amped 3 Any Good?

Epicurus

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was a big fan of 1080 on the N64, but haven't seen anything much about Amped 3 written anywhere except that it's a snowboarding game. Has anyone got this and can you recommend it?

What kind of modes of play are there and does the game have much replayability?

I've got it and like it . I don't play it as often as I should, but when I do it is good fun. It doesn't take itself too seriously either. Give it a go - I'd be surprised if you didn;t find it cheap here or on Ebay.

You can get it here for £35.98.

http://www.simplygames.com/product.asp?id=5572&type=

It’s a good game, but not a great game. Personally I love snowboarding so I was keen to get a boarding game for the 360, pleased with my purchase but I imagine that others might not like it as much. It’s a good laugh though. Shame there isn't any LIVE stuff or split screen action (excluding the token sledding that included). Maybe next time eh!

Personally i thought it was poor. Dont expect anything like 1080 though, its more like TonyHawks on snow than the Nintendo carnation.

I am really enjoying it. It's pretty easy and basic in places but it's good fun. If you can get it cheap from somewhere it's worth checking out if you like that kind of thing.

It's not too shabby at all, I picked it up for £30 and I was expecting a 6/10, after actually playing I'd say it was about a 7/10. Nice open mountains, decent draw distance (you can see right the way down), impressive soundtrack, zany storyline/cutscenes.

Worth a purchase if just for the variety.

I quite liked it. I agree with the 'Tony Hawk on snow' thing but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The achievements are quite cool and it gives you an incentive to finish all of the challenges......

The story mode is a little bit weird although if you've got a weird sense of humor you'll find the cut-scenes funny.

Overall i'd say 7/10 is fair......

I love it, especially because you can just dip in for short periods of time to do new challenges or to try and better your previous attempts. The mountain area is huge and some of the events are just different and great fun, which is what the game is basically. No great depth.. just a fun snow-based mess around type of game.

It looks lovely and plays very well too and is a game I will go back to time and again. Definitley worth a look, even if you are not into snowboarding. :smashin:

The framerate on the demo is a bit poor, is that a fair representation of the main game?

Not sure as I have not tried the demo but the game itself is fine. This is no SSX and does not have all the smooth feel and solid control and occasional blistering speed but it is heaps of fun to play and very funny if you can avoid taking it too seriously.

syntax error said:
The framerate on the demo is a bit poor, is that a fair representation of the main game?

Where did you get the demo from? Not noticed it on the marketplace? :lease:

Started playing last night. I'd echo what most other people have said - it's a game that you can dip into for a short session, but might not hold your attention for more than a couple of hours per sitting. It's beautifully and surreally produced though...

The Fuggler said:
Started playing last night. I'd echo what most other people have said - it's a game that you can dip into for a short session, but might not hold your attention for more than a couple of hours per sitting. It's beautifully and surreally produced though...
Yeah it’s a decent game... but it could have been much better.

I main grumbles are that it should have better jump physics, it feels too floaty. I know its not meant to be a simulation but still… its doesn't feel quite right to me. Also… linked to the above, you shouldn't be able to snowboarding up hill!

It’s a good game though and I really like the openend'ness (that's not a word!) of going down the mountain doing whatever challenge to choose.

The Fuggler said:

I agree, its a great game but not addictive as such. Framerate is smooth as silk and I challenge anyone to find a better presented game than this. :thumbsup:

I'm glad I bought it as it will last quite some time to complete. Its a relaxing alternative to shooting and driving. Ebay has some good prices, only paid £30 for mine new and sealed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom