1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amp With Surround sound card

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by fat_bloater_dav, Aug 13, 2005.

1. fat_bloater_dav

fat_bloater_dav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello i was thinking about getting a proper set of speakers for my comptuer instead of computer speakers, but i was wondering how this would work. Can i just plug my Surround sound card into a Amp and then plug the Speakers into that?
    Any help would be cool.

2. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can wire up your sound card to your amp, just depends on what type of 'audio out' your card has. If it has digital audio out, you can plug that into one of your digital audio inputs either optical or coaxial. If your card only puts out stereo then run it into one of your analogue audio inputs and then make the necessary selection from your remote or front of amp :)

3. fat_bloater_dav

fat_bloater_dav
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanx verry much for the help, but ive got another question. What about if i have a sourround sound card with 3 outputs can you get an Amp that will have inputs for centre, front and rear?

4. skinnyfat

skinnyfat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're welcome

You can get an amp/reciever with a 5.1 input typically used for DVD Audio and SACD or dvd players with 5.1 rca out. This should work fine and the stereo jack to 2XRCA interconnects are easy to find. You'll need three of these.