Amp with sufficient power for a 8x4 mtr room

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Not sure whether to go for a 5.1 or 7.1 as the main speakers and satelites will be at each end of the room.I was thinking in terms of a Yamaha RX-V1067.Would that give enough welly? i also want to use the amp for both movies and multi channel music (as in SACD or DVD audio).Would that Yammy be a good choice? Cheers:)

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The 1067 will be more than enough for that sized room. What speakers are you looking at? Personally I would be looking at larger standmounts or floorstanders at the fronts and standmounts for the rears with a reasonably sized sub (BK Monolith or XLS400).
The benefits of 7.1 over 5.1 will depend on your room layout and ability to get the speakers in the correct location. I also believe if budget is limited then it is better to get a good 5.1 system than to try to stretch it over a so-so 7.1 system. Also bear in mind there are not that many 7.1 blurays around anyway.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
The 1067 will be more than enough for that sized room. What speakers are you looking at? Personally I would be looking at larger standmounts or floorstanders at the fronts and standmounts for the rears with a reasonably sized sub (BK Monolith or XLS400).
The benefits of 7.1 over 5.1 will depend on your room layout and ability to get the speakers in the correct location. I also believe if budget is limited then it is better to get a good 5.1 system than to try to stretch it over a so-so 7.1 system. Also bear in mind there are not that many 7.1 blurays around anyway.

At the moment i have a pair of floor standing Kef Q 55s and kef centre with kef wall mounted sats .I could change them with time but the rears have to be rear mounted due to room layout considerations(and wife:D).I also have a sub- BK xls 200
I will stick with 5.1 i think.The room is straightforward rectangle shape although it does widen somewhat(by a metre and a half) at the end where the satelites will be sited

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom