Amp under-sized?? Marantz PM-47 (40w) amplifier + JPW P1 (70w) speakers.

Finally got my speaker stands. Very nice quality and firm. Paid about US$40 for a pair. Columns 80% filled with sand. Speakers are secured with Fiber-Castell Tack-It (similar to BluTack). Will test sound quality shortly.

Question: Do I need to put foam dampeners below the spikes (between floor and spikes)?

C4C40DBA-8BE3-479A-B0D2-5ED942A97543.jpeg
D003EA7F-3E7F-4D2D-AD45-9B8B70990A8B.jpeg
8855DC56-7A5D-47A4-AA7C-44332B67EB46.jpeg
0070CA11-A956-45B8-A06F-B016A7E8D62A.jpeg
EF91FB43-EB96-4FEA-823C-20D3EF4DE025.jpeg

How is it sounding, improvement?

Thise sticky pads are usually to go between the stand and the speaker but you have used your own method so just keep them as spares. You can buy floor protectors for under the spikes but I would go with what you have and live with it and see how you like it.

Amazon product ASIN B098F3Q663

How is it sounding, improvement?
I am not an audiophile. I don't have trained ears. I would be pretending to be an expert if I say the sound has improved.

But at least psychologically it feels better. Anyway, I think the sound is perfect for me now. Compared to when they were wall-mounted near ceiling, the difference is heaven and earth.

Only thing to do is sit back, relax and enjoy your music.

You can place granite blocks underneath the spikes. This well help with the vibrations from the speakers.
The floor is ceramic tiles.

Yes, I think it sounds better (maybe psychologically). I don't have trained ears. But it sounds perfect for me now.

You can use Blu Tack underneath the speakers, or 3 mm tape.
Faber-Castell's Tack-It (similar to BluTack) works perfectly. I put only six small points below each speaker and it is very secure now.

I think they sound better now. I don't think it's psychological. It depends on the songs, sometimes I can hear fine and detailed sound (mainly treble) coming from 2 meters left and right of my ears. Sound is more 3D. Haven't heard this earlier. I also feel that the main sound (especially vocal) is coming in front of me, i.e. from between the speakers.

Really nice. Filling the speaker stands with sands etc works! But it has to be dry sand.

Really nice stands! May I ask where you bought them from?

The vocals should be in the center, depending on the mix/recording.

You can use mono recordings to get the speakers in perfect listening position.

I use mono recordings because the vocals are always in center of the speakers.

Is the distance from the wall OK? These JPW P1 speakers do not have woofer vent at the back (sealed box).

How is the sound affected if I place them near to the wall?

9F8B6B00-8943-4C80-97B9-9F42057F272B.png
CE5D9A8A-0DDD-4329-B3E0-E3EAF86AF9DB.jpeg

Sealed are more tolerant of wall distance, you may get a little more bass closer to the wall but it will be minimal. Try it out and trust your ears.

Have to say this speakers look really nice. Ported speakers usually need around 20-100 cm. Large speakers 1.5 meters. This is room independent, of course. Yours are not ported.

In my listing room I have speakers around 60 cm. Still can’t decide where they sound the best. When it does, you know. The sound floats between the speakers, in other words they disappear. As mentioned try really well recorded track with vocals, then with more bass.

Frank Sinatra’s albums are excellent for speaker placement. Because of big bad atmosphere. You know when it sounds muddy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom