Amp to pvr

WESTERLY

Standard Member
Hi bought a Manhattan pvr t3 and have connected it to the tv via HDMI with aerial plugged into pvr. The av receiver (denon x2500) is also connected to the tv oled LG via HDMIARC. Question is this the correct method, sound is through all speakers when this setting ( multi stereo)? ) is selected on amp but sound well different to previous when I had no pvr. It’s just sound rather flat. Is there something I’ve missed or should I just run amp set up (Audessey ) again. Should anything on PVR be connected to the receiver ?
thanks
John

dante01

Distinguished Member
You'd probably be better off simply copnnecting the PVR's HDMI output to an HDMI input on the AV receiver. You can still fascilitate using the PVR without powering the AV receiver up by engaging the HDMI passthrough in standby option within the AV receiver's HDMI configurations.

You can hold down the MOVIE button on the AVR's remote and change the mode. Most would choose to use either the Dolby Surround or Neural:X upmixing modes for TV viewing as opposed to multichannel stereo.

WESTERLY

Standard Member
You'd probably be better off simply copnnecting the PVR's HDMI output to an HDMI input on the AV receiver. You can still fascilitate using the PVR without powering the AV receiver up by engaging the HDMI passthrough in standby option within the AV receiver's HDMI configurations.

You can hold down the MOVIE button on the AVR's remote and change the mode. Most would choose to use either the Dolby Surround or Neural:X upmixing modes for TV viewing as opposed to multichannel stereo.
Thanks would I connect aerial to the pvr and onto to tv with the out socket? May have confused things bit , tend to use the multichannel stereo for YouTube/music and Spotify only.

dante01

Distinguished Member
If wanting access to the aerial via both the TV's own tuners and the PVR's tuners then yes, connect it to both the PVR's input and then out to the TV.

YouTube content is all encoded in stereo. The same is true of Spotify. Apply upmixing only if you want to. It isn't a requirement. I'd tend to only use the multichannel stereo option with music. I'd personally prefer to listen to stereo content as intended via just the front 2 stereo speakers, but this is a personal preference,

WESTERLY

Standard Member
If wanting access to the aerial via both the TV's own tuners and the PVR's tuners then yes, connect it to both the PVR's input and then out to the TV.

YouTube content is all encoded in stereo. The same is true of Spotify. Apply upmixing only if you want to. It isn't a requirement. I'd tend to only use the multichannel stereo option with music. I'd personally prefer to listen to stereo content as intended via just the front 2 stereo speakers, but this is a personal preference,
Thanks will give it go again, think I tried to connect the pvr already via one of the hdmi source connections and changed the source to the av receiver to suit. I was unable to get the pvr to connect to the LG tv. The only thing that connects from receiver to tv is the ARC Hdmi. Will try again as admit I may have mucked something up and am no expert!!!!

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom