Amp to poweramp conflicting advice

cjlhessing

Hi everyone. So getting a bit of conflicting advice from some of our well known audio retailers re this and figured I’d just ask here, far more reliable people on this forum

I’m connecting an arcam avr550 to a poweramp. Far as I can tell I need a 12v trigger (assuming these are all the same as eachother) and 3 cables that are 1rca to 1rca.

So I’m looking at the Chord C line rca to rca cables (single) they have ones that say subwoofer and obviously I’m using them for front speakers so not sure if there’s some issue there.

Chord RCA

can anyone say for certain that this is ok? Iv had 2 yes and 1 no response from the 3 well known places and it’s driving me up the wall lol.

Thanks to everyone reading this.
Chris

Zarf2007

that will work, 12v trigger should be mono not stereo

Jase

Distinguished Member
They'll work but I wouldn't pay that amount for those cables. Have a look on Amazon for Mogami, Canare or Van Damme RCA cables.

cjlhessing

They'll work but I wouldn't pay that amount for those cables. Have a look on Amazon for Mogami, Canare or Van Damme RCA cables.
Hi, I have a special love for Chord after having a tour at their ‘lab’ a few years back. Lovely guys working there but I will take a look at the ones you mentioned :)

cjlhessing

Hi Jase, just a small thing I thought you’ll prob be able to answer - a lot of rca cables seem to say subwoofer (I gather I just ignore that fact) but some also say digital. Should I make sure to avoid the digital ones? They’re still RCA so bit confusing.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Hi Jase, just a small thing I thought you’ll prob be able to answer - a lot of rca cables seem to say subwoofer (I gather I just ignore that fact) but some also say digital. Should I make sure to avoid the digital ones? They’re still RCA so bit confusing.

Still do the same thing. I've mixed and matched all sorts of 'labelled' RCA cables on different bits of kit and they all worked perfectly.

cjlhessing

Still do the same thing. I've mixed and matched all sorts of 'labelled' RCA cables on different bits of kit and they all worked perfectly.
God bless you matey!!
Now if I can just find a 12v trigger mono that isn’t 12ft long I’m sorted :))

Jase

Distinguished Member
Hi, I have a special love for Chord after having a tour at their ‘lab’ a few years back. Lovely guys working there but I will take a look at the ones you mentioned :)

I've had Chord stuff in the past and they were always helpful with any queries.

Zarf2007

DodgeTheViper

Yeah I spotted the various lengths but I’m looking for approx 90cm or so

Jase

Distinguished Member
Yeah I spotted the various lengths but I’m looking for approx 90cm or so

Fussy bugger! :laugh:

Could send a message to the seller and ask if they do custom lengths to order? I'd just get the 1m jobs personally. Extra 10cms is always handy...:rotfl:

rccarguy2

Make sure you match up arcam avr and Poweramp gain/voltage.

Also you want to buy high end Kimber cable trigger cables, it'll make it trigger so much faster

rccarguy2

Ok just ordered these amazing it's makes electrons faster, which results in more dynamics on the amplifier switching on and clicking

Unfortunately with triamping my 32 speakers I'll send to buy 96 of those, but definitely be worth it.

I'll be using cable risers on the trigger cables too

DodgeTheViper

I might just look at designacable or contact Joe on here.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Try here:

I'm sure that they'd be able to make you a cable to a specific length?

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom