Amp suggestions please

056f

I use a Tosh 900e DVD player & am considering replacing my AV amp (a Mid /low end Yamaha) as i never been totally happy with it.

I have always put the video from the source to the screen using the rational that 1/ fewer cables to buy & 2/ less chance of interference.

If my rational is a sound one, i only want an AV amp that handles the audio side really well - i will use it as my audio system too.

I would be grateful to hear any comments on how i should proceed & what products i should look at.

Cheers

Neil

How about one of the big denon 380x amps? They certainly seem very popular. Then there are pioneer (the AX range I think) and well as someone else who does a 2011 (sorry this isnt my usual area of interest!). Have a serach for fred123go's posts. He is banned now so im not sure if his posts can be searched, but if so, he owned alot of amps in this sort of range (i wouldnt necessarily trust his views, rather it will give you an idea whats available!).

ad

You could try out a Marantz SR7400 as well, or another Yamaha, the RXV1400.

Put £60 more in and you can get a silver Denon 3805 from unbeatable.co.uk
Krishav.co.uk do the 2011 ex-display for £599 and Hyperfi (appently) sell an ex-display AX5i for £750.

If you like the yamaha sound, have the cash and can wait 2 weeks or so you can get a rxv-1400 for approx £510!!:thumbsup:

If you need good/clean amplifcation at that price I would check NADs T762 (now replaced with the T763) and the T753. Both receivers will drive loads at 4 Ohms. Covers most of the major formats (excepl for DPl2x on both models).

Originally posted by Dfour
If you like the yamaha sound, have the cash and can wait 2 weeks or so you can get a rxv-1400 for approx £510!!:thumbsup:

Sorry to jump in here but Dfour... Tell me more :)

...oh, I get it. From Germany right?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom