Amp suggestion for Atohm GT1-DV SE Speaker

farshad

Novice Member
I am considering buying a pair of second hand Atohm GT1-DV Special Edition. I heard them in the shop connected to a Naim Uniti Atom and it sounded fantastic. A lot of detail, nice bass and a fabulous sound stage. My budget is around £1500. The speakers cost £800 (New £2000). I am now looking to find a good matching integrated amp. After a lot of searches, I am considering Roksan K3 Integrated Amplifier. I found a second hand around £800 (New £1300). As I will not be able to test these together, I need your advice. Do you think these are a good match? Do you have any other considerations or objections about each of these? What do you think? This will be my first serious audio system. I have the Rega P2 turntable upgraded with Rega Exact Cartridge and a small RPi4 Streamer with Allo Dac (using Spotify Connect). I am more of a Jazz, Classical listener. I am not going too loud. The living room where these will sit is very average size, not very big. Originally I was convinced to buy a pair of Kef LS50 Meta with Musical Fidelity M2si integrated amp. I am now less convinced about that choice.

Atohm GT1-DV Special Edition:

• Design: 2-way bass reflex
  • LF Driver: 6.5" bass
  • HF Driver: 1" dome tweeter
  • Sensitivity: 89dB (1w / 1m)
  • Power (max): 200 Watts
  • Impedance: 6 Ohms
  • Crossover Freq: 2.5kHz
  • Frequency Response: 45Hz - 30kHz

Roksan K3 Integrated Amplifier

• Input Impedance: 47kΩ
  • Output Power: > 140W (8Ω), > 220W (4Ω)
  • Power Supply: 550VA Toroidal Transformer,
  • Power: 5 Regulated Supply Rails
  • Frequency Response: <3Hz - >100kHz (-3dB)
  • Gain: 37.5dB (75x)
  • THD: <0.005% (1kHZ - 14W @ 8Ω)
  • Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >90dB (Line Input)

Paul7777x

The speakers look impressive, and have some fine reviews.

I’d go straight for one of these instead of the Roksan.

Tons of power, Arcams excellent classG power amplifiers, preouts for subwoofers, very good dac and... Dirac Live.

Best bargain in amplifiers about. And £2500 originally.

A read of this should convince you.

farshad

Novice Member
The speakers look impressive, and have some fine reviews.

I’d go straight for one of these instead of the Roksan.

Tons of power, Arcams excellent classG power amplifiers, preouts for subwoofers, very good dac and... Dirac Live.

Best bargain in amplifiers about. And £2500 originally.

A read of this should convince you.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! A bit higher in price than my budget but still very nice and tempting. It seems huge though and I will not use all those HDMIs! I'll read the review. So Roksan claim 140w and Arcam is 120w. Still, you think Arcam is better. If that's the case, can I find similar power in a smaller form factor? Space will be an issue here.

Paul7777x

Shame about the space part.

As for all the connections, they don’t need to be used. It’s simply a powerful amp, with the huge benefit of DiracLive.

If you can somehow squeeze it in then it’s worth the price alone just for Dirac.

If you’re anywhere near hull?

Or perhaps...

farshad

Novice Member
Shame about the space part.

As for all the connections, they don’t need to be used. It’s simply a powerful amp, with the huge benefit of DiracLive.

If you can somehow squeeze it in then it’s worth the price alone just for Dirac.

If you’re anywhere near hull?

Or perhaps...

Cool, many thx. I'll consider this. Let me measure things and read the reviews.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom