AMp & Speaker recommendations

spong_miester

Standard Member
Hi, I'm looking to upgrade from my Denon UD-M30 which my daughter thoughtfully spilt fruit juice over.

I have a budget of £400 to buy and amp and some speakers, the source will be a HiFiberry DAC Pro 2 and Volumio until i can source a CD player. I'm completley lost when it comes to audio as i've always used all-in-one systems. so a point in the right direction would be great :)

Thanks from a future audiophile

Orobas

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade from my Denon UD-M30 which my daughter thoughtfully spilt fruit juice over.

I have a budget of £400 to buy and amp and some speakers, the source will be a HiFiberry DAC Pro 2 and Volumio until i can source a CD player. I'm completley lost when it comes to audio as i've always used all-in-one systems. so a point in the right direction would be great :)

Thanks from a future audiophile
At £400 .. i think.. and probably will be backed up here.. your money is best spent on a pair of Active Speakers here... Something like a Klipsch R-41pm or a Tangent Spectrum X5 BT Phono or something from Edifier ...

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
If you’re happy buying used it’s usually a fine way to get considerably better hifi.

This for instance is an impressive, rock solid amplifier with Rotels usual excellent power supply.

There are any number of speakers to buy with your remaining budget.

A tad of a stretch will get you these at a serious discount.

Ps, the sound quality will be a significant step up from the Denon.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
If you’d prefer all brand new, then this lot is a very attractive price, and still an upgrade.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom