Amp/Speaker Issue

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Silver Serpent, May 1, 2007.

1. Silver Serpent

Silver Serpent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Hi,

Last night when I switched output from satellite to xbox 360 on my amp I lost sound on my right front speaker. The other 4 all worked fine.

However, If I switched back to Satellite again and rebooted the amp, the sound would return to all 5. I then tried switching back to 360 output again and the right sided speaker would once again lose sound.

I spent hours exploring the wiring to the amp, but I have only just recently rewired them all and they are all done properly.

As a possible solution to the problem, I even wired the right speaker separately into Speaker Terminals B, and left speaker into Terminals A, which temporarily worked, but once again after switching back and forth between satellite and 360, the problem once again occured.

The only other possibility I can think of is maybe the amp was getting a little on the warm side?, as it was on for about 12 hours yesterday.

Would anyone know what's causing this. Maybe the amp is finally starting to break down after 7 years of service?

Any help would be great thanks.

2. jabbermack

jabbermack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hiya,
    The right phono terminal of the xbox input might be damaged.
    Try changing the phono leads to rule them out.
    Failing that, input another source (cd,dvd,etc) to rule out the xbox.

3. Silver Serpent

Silver Serpent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Thanks, but I have an optical cable hooked up from my 360 to the amp for sound. I don't think it is anything to do with the optical, as I have the 360 off and do the test tone to test the speakers.

Anyway having said all that, they are working again (for now anyway) on all sources.

Maybe the amp is just very fuss about how the cable is fed to the terminals. I'll just have the take the plunge eventually and get banana plugs, saving myself all this hastle.