• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mike_P15

Established Member
I'm part way through an upgrade cycle.
I'm just looking for a little assurance that I'm not heading for a costly mistake with as I'm much more comfortable with the PC aspects of my setup than the audio.

The plasma TV died last year, so I replaced it with a LG LED HDR 4K UHD TV (43UJ750V). 43" is the largest size I can fit.
I replaced the previous Xbox with an Xbox One which also acts as a disc player, but my current amp (ONKYO TXSR578) needs replacing as it won't support 4k HDR passthru from the Xbox to the TV.
I'm also space constrained to having bookcase speakers, and these are a basic Tannoy model.

I've 'budget approval' for a new amp (sub £500), with 'in principle funding' to upgrade to the speakers at a later point this year.

I'm looking at the Denon AVR-X2500H AV Receiver, mainly based on good feedback on here.
The things I'm looking to confirm:
  • Is the Denon a suitable replacement to give me the 4K HDR passthru I need.
  • Will the current speakers work okay with it until I can upgrade them.
  • Any pointers on Atmos bookcase speakers - similar £500 budget.
Thanks

Mike

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom