AMP sound to TV

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by JayBee, Nov 11, 2002.

1. JayBee

JayBee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I realise that the whole point of having an amp is that you use the speakers for the sound. But let's say that I don't want to use the amp speakers, but have the sound come from the TV. How would I connect the amp audio to the TV, so that no matter what input was selected, the sound would routed to the TV (Yamaha DSP630)

I was thinking I could either use the left & right main speakers from the output jacks, or the MD output jacks.

Thanks

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    Never seen it done, however, from a pair of pre amp outputs take a pair of phonos into scart to phono convertor (it will need to be in/out switchable) and feed into the tv useing the input signal through the scart socket. Hope that make a little sense.

3. dfield2000

dfield2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you connect your source devices (digibox, dvd etc) to your TV using SCART then the audio should be transmitted to your TV as well.

I presume your not getting the sound to the TV because you've connected using a s-video mini din type cable. If you switch over to RGB scart you'll get the sound and you might see an improvement in picture quality as well.

4. JayBee

JayBee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lynx - Thanks, that's the sort of thing I was thinking of.

dfield2000 - I've only got a crappy TV with a single SCART, so I'm using the amp for video switching. I've had a quick go at the automatic SCART switchers, but had problems with images interfering with each other, so I gave up.